Smart Car of America Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I haven't decided yet. I've registered for nationals but I don't know how I'm supposed to pay them. After I get this ironed out I'll let you know.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
I haven't decided yet. I've registered for nationals but I don't know how I'm supposed to pay them. After I get this ironed out I'll let you know.
I believe you have a choice of mailing a check or paying on paypal. It cost a little more on paypal because of the fees.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
If you stay overnight, you have until July 1st to make a reservation. Just follow the instructions in post #1 and e-mail me with all your info when you finally decide, even if you don't stay at the hotel and are joining us on the morning of the 10th for the drive.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Just a bump to remind everyone that tomorrow is the last day to get your hotel reservation made at the La Quinta in St.Louis for the caravan.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Just called Salina and they have no rooms so will not be staying there with you guys.
There are rooms available in Salina!!!! Come to find out the hotel was under the assumption that all the rooms in the block I reserved were already paid for instead of each individual making their own reservation. I will be talking to the person in charge of my block tomorrow to straighten things out so all the desk people know what's going on. In the meantime, tell them that each individual is paying for their own room separately under the block. I'm sorry for any confusion. If anyone has an issue reserving a room, call me immediately at 319-325-5547 and I will jump on the front desk people (as I just did for outaboutsc).

·
Super Moderator
29,144 Posts
Up to six cars now - we got ourselves a convoy! (well, maybe a gaggle? a cluster? a small disparate group?) :D

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
I too am planning on meeting up in Salina to caravan into Denver. I will be leaving St. Louis early in am to try to get to Salina by 10 am.
John...if you can pm your cell number to me so I can keep in touch as I get near Salina that would be great.
**** (DrKillerBee)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I plan on meeting in Salina. I haven't booked a room yet. Not sure if I'm included in the six cars. I'll probably book tomorrow.
I don't ask jwight to add people to the list until A) they contact me to let me know if they are joining the caravan and B) where they've book their hotel rooms (follow instructions in post #1). When you book your room in Salina, make sure to mention you part of the Smart Car Nationals group. And if they say they're all "booked up", tell them the rooms in our block are not paid for and each person pays individually for the rooms. Any problems, call me at 319-325-5547.

I too am planning on meeting up in Salina to caravan into Denver. I will be leaving St. Louis early in am to try to get to Salina by 10 am.
John...if you can pm your cell number to me so I can keep in touch as I get near Salina that would be great.
**** (DrKillerBee)
Bee, you can take down my number above if you want since I'm organizing the caravan. That way you have a contact number just in case you have any issues. Hopefully we can all be up, have breakfast out of the way, and everyone be fueled up and ready to roll when you get there. I want to try and be on the road by 10:00-11:00 am.

And if you guys can email me your info (name, email, contact phone#'s, etc...), I would appreciate it and I'll have jwight add you to the list.

·
Super Moderator
29,144 Posts
Any meeting place decided for Limon, CO yet? Exit 359 seems to have a cluster of fast food places, or there's the scenic route on Business I-70 (Main St.) with a Wendy's and a couple of local places - chance for a smart mini-parade through town. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Any meeting place decided for Limon, CO yet? Exit 359 seems to have a cluster of fast food places, or there's the scenic route on Business I-70 (Main St.) with a Wendy's and a couple of local places - chance for a smart mini-parade through town. :)
Not as of yet. I am waiting to hear from the Houston club to finalize their car count and their planned itinerary. I too thought exit 359 would be a good place to meet up as there is easy highway access in and out of town. I already have us planned for a stop at exit 54 because their is a Pilot Travel Center there to top off and stretch our legs. Besides, I don't want to take a chance with fuel before we reach Limon.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
I need to look up the exit number but I was thinking of meeting at Wendy's and then we could do a mini - parade through town to the other entrance/exit. There are several places to get gas in Limon. I doubt that Pilot has the best price. It did seem to be a big truck stop as we drive by. We usually got gas at one of the other stations in town. Didn't need gas as we passed there yesterday afternoon. More when I get home.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I need to look up the exit number but I was thinking of meeting at Wendy's and then we could do a mini - parade through town to the other entrance/exit. There are several places to get gas in Limon. I doubt that Pilot has the best price. It did seem to be a big truck stop as we drive by. We usually got gas at one of the other stations in town. Didn't need gas as we passed there yesterday afternoon. More when I get home.
342 miles from Salina to Limon is a stretch, even for a smart. It's better to play it safe because not everyone will be getting the same gas mileage. Plus Barney O is trailering his two smarts so his mileage is going to be way different.

So far, the planned agenda is to:

A) Arrive at the hotel on the 8th at La Quinta (for those not driving in on the 9th), get some din din and socialize a little, maybe a trip to Ted Drewes for some legendary frozen custard.

B) Wake up to a Denny's breakfast across from the La Quinta around 8-8:30 am.

C) Get back to hotel, pack up, top off you car, wash it, or whatever you desire to do. Meetup at the Creve Coeur smart center on Olive Blvd. next to Applebee's around 9:30-10 am. GM Jamie Winston will have some snacks and refreshments for us before we take off.

D) Line up and leave St.Louis by 10:30-11 am to beat the rush hour traffic and extensive construction in KC (Tom, the Mercedes GM, say he was there last week and it's pretty bad).

E) Where to stop in KC is still being discussed, but it would definitely benefit us to go around and then stop once around the city for a fuel stop and a stretch (maybe the MO-Kan guys can lend some insight).

F) Head on out to the Days Inn in Salina for the overnight. Maybe challenge a few people to some mini golf at Jumpin Joe's

G) Get a good nights rest and wake up for breakfast around 7-8am (IHOP is right next door). Top off fuel if needed and be ready to head out by 9:30am.

H) A short stop in Colby, KS. to top off for fuel and stretch before moving on to meet up with the Houston smarts in Limon, CO. After we meet up, we'll maybe take a drive through town and get back on the highway and head out to Westminster.

I) Arrive at the westin for Nationals Registration, check in to the hotel, and finally enjoy an adult beverage with you fellow smart owners.

Hopefully, we can stick to this as much as possible barring any unforeseen circumstances.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts