Smart Car of America Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
If you can make it to Goodland, KS for the gas it is almost always lower than Colby. There are multiple gas stations to choose from.
I didn't stop there Sundayon my way home because we had plenty of gas to keep on smarting.

This is just a suggestion I don't want to interfere with your schedule.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
Stopping in Salina is a good idea - KC to Denver is too long a drive for one go, IMHO. :)
Maybe for you old folks. We drove from Denver to Tulsa on Saturday. Left at 3 and arrived there at 3 am. Back up by 9, made some stops including one at the smart dealer and picked up the trailer we left behind when we moved then got back on the road by 2 to Beaumont and home at 11. Would have been sooner but had to stop and eat. Plus we could only drive 60 mph most of the trip yesterday. Being nice to Sunshine.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Don't be concerned about the gas mileage on the tow rig. It has 2 tanks...
The truck can go much farther than my bladder...:D
Most likely I'll bring up the rear and pick up parts that fell off Jet's car...:p

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
The truck can go much farther than my bladder...:D
Most likely I'll bring up the rear and pick up parts that fell off Jet's car...:p
You were gathering Jet's parts on the April Fools Rallye as well. Is that how you funded Frankie?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
If you can make it to Goodland, KS for the gas it is almost always lower than Colby. There are multiple gas stations to choose from.
I didn't stop there Sundayon my way home because we had plenty of gas to keep on smarting.

This is just a suggestion I don't want to interfere with your schedule.
If you pull up Mapquest and click on the fuel, Pilot in Colby shows $3.54 versus the cheapest gas in Goodland (Casey's) is $3.67

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Maybe for you old folks. We drove from Denver to Tulsa on Saturday. Left at 3 and arrived there at 3 am. Back up by 9, made some stops including one at the smart dealer and picked up the trailer we left behind when we moved then got back on the road by 2 to Beaumont and home at 11. Would have been sooner but had to stop and eat. Plus we could only drive 60 mph most of the trip yesterday. Being nice to Sunshine.
This is going to a relaxing trip, we're not trying to kill anyone from sleep deprivation. No one is stopping anyone from driving straight through, if that's what you desire.

The truck can go much farther than my bladder...
Most likely I'll bring up the rear and pick up parts that fell off Jet's car...
That's good Barney, keep him in check. And yeah, I figured you might have to pull up the rear, especially with your payload.

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
...no need to worry about loosing parts anymore...
...bought 2 boxes of JB weld and used 1 to secure all the BMS parts that "used" to come loose....

jetfuel...one box for the return trip...

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
If you pull up Mapquest and click on the fuel, Pilot in Colby shows $3.54 versus the cheapest gas in Goodland (Casey's) is $3.67
They've had a reverse in the last year then. Which is great for your schedule.

We've made a minimum of two trips a year for the last 22 years between Tulsa and Denver and Goodland was always less. Good to hear they finally have a lower price.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
Whatever floats your boat. Anything after 10 PM is bedtime for me. :D
I can't say it floated my boat but we had to get to Tulsa Sunday night in order to make it to Beaumont by Monday night.
It was good to find out I could still do those hours.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Doesn't look like Frankie will make it to the nationals...:( Hurt him today on the dyno... Looks like a solo run to Colorado with the Orangecrate...:)
Bright side it won't cost me an arm & a leg for fuel to run the truck & trailer like originally planned...:wink:

·
Super Moderator
29,206 Posts
E 470 license plate toll

In the event we do end up taking E 470 to Westminster, here's the license plate toll info:

Drivers are automatically a License Plate Toll (LPT) customer on
E-470 or the I-25 Express Lanes if they are not an ExpressToll customer with a sticker tag or the license plate is not associated with an ExpressToll account. Cameras will photograph the front and rear license plates and a statement is sent to the vehicle owner’s address on file with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Drivers are required to update their vehicle registration when they move; Colorado law requires the update within 30 days. Updating their driver’s license address does not update the required vehicle registration information.

Whether a customer has a Colorado or an out-of-state license plate, the billing process works the same for all vehicle registrations. No advance registration is required. Customers drive non-stop and are billed later.
:)

PS - FWIW, never did see a bill from the Key West return trip last year....

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
We should note...especially if we are to meet up in Limon with the Texas smarts...that there is a time change in western Kansas (we gain an hour.) I am assuming that we should get to Limon approximately 2:30 or 3:00?

81 - 98 of 98 Posts