Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
have spoken to marisa and she seems nice but new. did your buddy have a reservation? when i inquired about a orphin, they told me that they have not had one customer cancel their order. every one was delivered to the reservation holder. i am 1184, the sales mgr told me that he expects 2 deliveries this month, but from the sound of things on this site, deliveries are pretty much stalled

·
Registered
6 Posts
If anyone is interested, I was at the Smart Creve Coeur store last night, and there was a yellow/black cabrio orphan, fully loaded, even black powder coated rims. It looked pretty sweet, and might still be there.

I would have grabbed it, but then the one I'm waiting for would be an orphan,.. but I have a conscience, can't leave mine behind. :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
They called my buddie 1503 and offfered that YELLOW orphan to him yesterday morning. To me later in the day.
Yellow is not a color for SALTYDEVILDOG.

·
Registered
1 Posts
cyalume,

Did you know if they had dealer add-on's with that yellow cabrio? They called and left me a message about it a few days back, but I haven't called them, and figured it was gone, or they added some expensive dealer stuff to the price.... maybe I'll call them.....

-NineCount

·
Registered
6 Posts
It was basically fully loaded, not sure if any dealer add-ons, except I know the dealer did have the wheels powdercoated black.

The black wheels really seem have set it off, looked great.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
the powder coated wheels seem to be like a grand. when they gave me the price, i did some quick math and it looked like they were a thousand high. never told me about the wheels. learned that here, that must have been the difference. cost of car was quoted at 19.5

·
Registered
74 Posts
have woeked for a large national company for a long time and i should have known better than to assume that monday ment NEXT monday. been a couple weks and not the right monday yet. will keep you informed

·
Registered
74 Posts
ms marissa was nice enough to call me this afternoon and tell me that 2 smarts arrived today, I can pick up my car on monday, my wifes car is no where to be found. we ordered 15 minutes apart so i guess that explains it. The best news is that i am leaving on tuesday for a trip and my son is on spring break so between the two of them i can only imagine how many miles will be on my little smartie on April 1 when i return. i have a paypal account and i am thinking of starting a pool $5 a guess, winner with the closest guess splits the pot. what do you think?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Pure Orphan

I just turned down a pure orphan at Creve Couer smart center. (St. Louis). It is yellow with A/C, radio & power steering. I did not take it because of the color. If anyone is interested call asap.
(posted 4/24/08 1:30p.m. central time)

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's wrong with yellow? I would hope to be seen in traffic since it is a bit of a compact car. Not to mention, that is my color choice. I would have picked plaid, but that color wasn't available. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
What's wrong with yellow?

Nothing is wrong with yellow. I just think a 49 year old man would look a little out of place in a bright yellow & black bumblebee car. I have the passion configured in white 1/24 and my DDE date is 7/19 so I'll just wait. But to each his own.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's wrong with yellow?

Nothing is wrong with yellow. I just think a 49 year old man would look a little out of place in a bright yellow & black bumblebee car. I have the passion configured in white 1/24 and my DDE date is 7/19 so I'll just wait. But to each his own.
Not quite sure how this works, but thanks for posting info on yellow orphan. My wife and I picked it up last night. We were even wearing our bumble bee shirts and had them take pictures. We are a lot younger at 62 and 60.
N9ABR

21 - 40 of 89 Posts