Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a white 2008 passion and we have huge pecan trees in our yard. The ripe pecans still in the green casings are dropping and have a yellow greenish liquid/sap/goop and I have been noticing green yellow stains all over my car! Has anyone else had this problem? Did the stain come off? What do I use!! I've used everything wd40, windex, goo be gone, turtle wax, turtle was bug and sap remover! Please help!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stained plastic?

I have a white 2008 passion and we have huge pecan trees in our yard. The ripe pecans still in the green casings are dropping and have a yellow greenish liquid/sap/goop and I have been noticing green yellow stains all over my car! Has anyone else had this problem? Did the stain come off? What do I use!! I've used everything wd40, windex, goo be gone, turtle wax, turtle was bug and sap remover! Please help!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It reads like you tried the effective tips i.e. WD-40 and bug/tar remover (mineral spirits). At this point, the next stage is to ask a local high end detail shop. You probably aren't the first person in your region to go through the pecan tree sap or aphid poop on paint. Other than maybe trying a wet clay bar, you did all you could. Sometimes it makes sense to talk with a professional vs. DIY. Great question though, but I'm stumped. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
l always start with Folex. It will remove just about anything, and leaves no sticky residue.
Orange oil based cleaner follows such as Zep commercial Orange oil cleaner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts