Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'll figger this car out
350 Posts
I installed a SOLO Performance brand flange, flex pipe & muffler on the 2014 451 last weekend.

View attachment 62215

View attachment 62216

and FWIW, it comes with some cool swag.

View attachment 62217

but I am not putting decals for "stuff" on my ride.
I just bought one and will be putting it on soon. I agree: no free marketing of accessories companies. If athletes can get paid to advertise shoes, we can get paid to use our very marketable smart cars to endorse products!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good to hear both 1stiski and Jo haven't had any issues.
so, there's no need or reason to remap the ignition/SAM for just this simple "mod".

·
Registered
691 Posts
requires no remap or anything else . Bolt up . I actually like that their metal ends that go through the rubber supports have no mushroom as the original hangers have . It’s easy to slip the muffler into the stock rubbers once you have the old muffler removed . Use plenty of rubber lubricant to get them off !! PIA .

·
I'll figger this car out
350 Posts
I installed a SOLO Performance brand flange, flex pipe & muffler on the 2014 451 last weekend.

View attachment 62215

View attachment 62216

and FWIW, it comes with some cool swag.

View attachment 62217

but I am not putting decals for "stuff" on my ride.
Herald, I looked at your photos and was very gratified to see that you have a trailer hitch on your 451. I am also getting ready to do that. In your opinion, would it be easier to remove the old muffler etc before putting ANYTHING on? Then install the trailer hitch, then install the muffler? You opinion please, since you have done this. Thanks a bunch. have just gotten over a bout with pneumonia and I'm not going to lie on a cold concrete floor to install these parts-- not just yet. I can move the car to a heated garage with a coated floor.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ok I'm in for the solo I will have it modified to extend for a rear exit extension tip. No rush so looking for a bargain.

Have any of you also headered or deleted cats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts