Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Star Wars Celebration comes to Orlando in 08/10.

Is it possible for smarties to get any special privileges like free parking if we attend as a group? I already purchased my ticket for Saturday August 14th. 2010 for $50. Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will be there at the very least.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Coming to Orlando in August, 2010. I already got my ticket for Saturday 08-14-10. I was wondering if anybody was coordinating free parking, preferred parking, or something worth our while with them if we supported their event as a group. I know Xanthus from smartspace.ning.com is gonna attend.

Prices - Star Wars Celebration

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Same event = one thread

To answer your question, no... To my knowledge, no one has thought of this as a local event. From what I understand, the attendance for this event will be over 10,000. That being said, the parking lots at the convention center will be at capacity and with them charging upwards of 10 dollars per car I would wager a guess to say no one will be getting free parking.

Just looked at the pricing... $120 :eek:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same event = one thread

To answer your question, no... To my knowledge, no one has thought of this as a local event. From what I understand, the attendance for this event will be over 10,000. That being said, the parking lots at the convention center will be at capacity and with them charging upwards of 10 dollars per car I would wager a guess to say no one will be getting free parking.

Just looked at the pricing... $120 :eek:

just look at the pricing...$120? :nono:Nut-uh $120! I don't see $120. Where $120? How $120? You meant for the 4-day pass? Wdhitch; $120 is impertinent to smarties? I believe I wrote it clearly enough that I purchased my Saturday ticket for $50, and smart get-togethers usually last one day. How mellow are you, this isn't Woodstock. This isn't Woodstock (just in case you need it repeated)

BTW, thanks for pointing out the technical glitch at smartcarofamerica.com (Noone believed I posted a reply with the same intent to the same thread)

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
I did mis read the posts... my bad... $50 is still a stretch... though it's not my thing. :) Hope you enjoy and have a good time.

BTW... I am quite mellow.

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
OMG! That would be too cool! I was wondering when the next one was... SO many things to do this year...

For SW fans, like myself, $120 is nothing if you havent gone before. Thats what they are banking on: people who probably missed out on 1-4. Or maybe only hit 1 and 3. Oh well... some day I will get to go...

·
Super Moderator
29,026 Posts
Live long and prosper. :p

For SW fans, like myself, $120 is nothing if you havent gone before.
And we have folks complaining about $45 for a 3 day smart national event...:confused:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This just in: GEORGE LUCAS will be making only his 3rd STAR WARS CONVENTION appearance ever when he attends Celebration V

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just ordered my ticket for Star Wars Celebration VI, August 2012. Last one was impressive (most impressive). I know of at least one other smart owner attending.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts