Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
Our old smart car is due for a bit of a major service and the mechanic said we needed a new drive belt. After digging around on this website I found that lists the OEM parts for our 451 it looked like he was talking about this part here listed under A 002 993 13 96 V-Belt Starting Motor that replaced A 002 993 91 96 and A 001 993 96 96. The main difference was the older parts were 4 ribbed V belts and the newer part is a 6 ribbed V belt. Does anyone know if there are any other parts that need to be replace to make this part fit?
Cheers! -Ben

Edit: The part I ordered was this one V-Ribbed Belt GATES 6PK803EMD

·
Registered
435 Posts
Sometimes the tensioner is siezed up and needs replacing. I've managed to get mine worked free, but that may or may not be worth the time and hassle for your mechnanic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
If you have a Fortwo 451 without MHD, there is two belts. One is for AC only, the other one is for the alternator and the water pump. And in this case, both are 4 ribbed V.
Gates references are 4PK738SF for the AC one (no tensioner for this one, this is a elastic belt), and 4PK803 for the alternator/water pump one (and there is a tensioner for this one).
If you have an MHD Fortwo (but it may be only for EU market), then the accessory one is a 6 ribbed V belt.

·
Registered
2009 451 Rally Red, Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40, Wix XP 51356, 185/55R15 tires, 44 psl
1,042 Posts
Rock Auto is my usual source for parts...

Watch the shipping costs, however, and 5% off coupons can be found at Retail Me Not dot com...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts