Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
Our old smart car is due for a bit of a major service and the mechanic said we needed a new drive belt. After digging around on this website I found that lists the OEM parts for our 451 it looked like he was talking about this part here listed under A 002 993 13 96 V-Belt Starting Motor that replaced A 002 993 91 96 and A 001 993 96 96. The main difference was the older parts were 4 ribbed V belts and the newer part is a 6 ribbed V belt. Does anyone know if there are any other parts that need to be replace to make this part fit?
Cheers! -Ben

Edit: The part I ordered was this one V-Ribbed Belt GATES 6PK803EMD

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
If you have a Fortwo 451 without MHD, there is two belts. One is for AC only, the other one is for the alternator and the water pump. And in this case, both are 4 ribbed V.
Gates references are 4PK738SF for the AC one (no tensioner for this one, this is a elastic belt), and 4PK803 for the alternator/water pump one (and there is a tensioner for this one).
If you have an MHD Fortwo (but it may be only for EU market), then the accessory one is a 6 ribbed V belt.

·
Registered
2009 451 Rally Red, Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40, Wix XP 51356, 185/55R15 tires, 44 psl
1,118 Posts
Rock Auto is my usual source for parts...

Watch the shipping costs, however, and 5% off coupons can be found at Retail Me Not dot com...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.