Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is interesting. It is like cross between a Renault Twizzy and a Smart Fortwo.
Car Scoops has an article on the Eli Zero. It is like a cross between the Renault Twizzy and the Smart Fortwo.

I am still looking for their web site.
:nerd:

·
17,476 Posts
It's a Twizy with the wheels and the seats of a 453. To be honest, I think it looks better than the Twizy (pictured below). Who wants to bet it's cobbled together by some random company in a country that doesn't care about copyright? :D

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,758 Posts
"Eli" trademark is owned by BEIJING ELI ELECTRIC VEHICLES CO. LTD. - China (if you can build it, they can clone it).

Company Overview
Beijing Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd. manufactures hybrid electric vehicles and battery electric vehicles. The company was founded in 2009 and is based in China. Beijing Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd. operates as a subsidiary of Beijing Automotive Group Co., Ltd.

Beijing Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
A) i hate when companies or websites use computer generated voiceovers! They're so freakin annoying it's not even funny.

B) kinda looks a little horrendous to me. It's like a Smart with an even SHORTER wheelbase, almost looks like it might even be a bit narrower as well. And is it just me (or the angles on the car)... or does it look like those tires have a POSITIVE camber?

·
17,476 Posts
Now that the Consumer Electronic Show is over, why aren't there more details about the car?
Vaporware. :shrug:

Most "cars" that debut at CES never actually become reality. They drum up interest, sometimes get investors/reservations, then they disappear never to be seen again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts