Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to find a nice wool/sheepskin wheel cover but the only ones I have found are 14.5 - 15.5 which is too big. The Smart for Two steering wheel for 2010 is 14".

Has anyone found one that fits snugly?

:Thankyou:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had this same issue when I looked around for a cover. I have a cover that I used on my previous car and it was still in good condition so I decided to reuse it on the smart, but discovered that the cover fit too loosely on the steering wheel because the steering wheel is an odd size. So what I did is cut across the cover and sow the ends closed, then wrapped the cover around the steering wheel, with the ends overlapping about 2 inches, and used a velcro strap to clap the ends together to the bottom of the steering wheel. It looks cheap obviously and every once in a while it would loosen especially if grabbing the steering wheel where the velcro strap was, but it was easy to retighten and is also very easy to remove and clean. Originally, instead of sowing the ends I just covered them in tape so the ends wouldnt come undone, but the tape residue got a little messy. Only other easy option I saw was a cover with an elastic in it but none of those come in leather.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I found one in an online catalog for one of the auto parts chain stores. They didn't have it in store, but ordered it for me....came in the next day, no extra charge.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a great steering wheel cover at Overland.com. Sheepskin cover with elastic and it fits very snugly. The wool is very full.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts