Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a Smart Fortwo 2010 cabrio auto petrol. It has a standard 2 spoke steering wheel with paddles. I would like to upgrade the steering wheel to one with Radio and telephone buttons.

I have seen a few second hand wheels on eBay, but these are newer, like 2017. Will these wheels physically fit and are the wires there for the radio even though I had a basic radio, which I have now upgraded to an android unit?

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
...I don't think there are enough wires in the clock work to carry that many commands...
....and then there's the air bag...

Jetfuel

·
Registered
351 Posts
Just my .02...

If you have an aftermarket radio with infrared capabilities, there are “clip-on” radio controls that fasten you the wheel, eliminating the need for extra clock-spring conductors. An Amazon or eBay search shows several designs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Unfortunately the only steering wheel upgrade I've seen is the Brabus perforated leather wheel, but it uses the silver triple-spoke plastic piece and standard airbag. And it's $500, which seems a bit much for me.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Also, things are not moving rapidly through the standard Russian mail system. Item I purchased this Spring took exactly 2 months to reach me on the East Coast of U.S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts