Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2008 Smart Cabrio Passion and a 2010 Smart Pure Coupe. The coupe has been totaled. I want to take the upgraded factory smart touch screen stereo out of the 2010 and put it in the 2008. The dash is different and i need different facia moldings. The dealership in Charlotte NC was no help at all. Is the swap possible?

Also I would like to swap headlamps as well if anyone know how to remove the assembly.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Removing the headlamps? I did that last week. It's a fair job that will require you to 1. remove the rocker panels, 2. remove the antennae and both side mirror triangles, 3. remove the front service flap, and finally, 4. remove the front end.
The headlamps are now ready for take-off Just remove the 3 screws on each lamp. IMG_9665.JPG
Make sure you note where all the different screws go to. A few are designed just for a particular position and you don't want to mix them all up... Good luck!

PS: You don't need to remove the windshield grill just below the wipers. I had to , on mine, as I was repairing my water bottle.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,722 Posts
I want to take the upgraded factory smart touch screen stereo out of the 2010 and put it in the 2008. The dash is different and i need different facia moldings. The dealership in Charlotte NC was no help at all. Is the swap possible?
Yes, your challenge is that the dash configuration was changed and the MY10 factory screen (10 year old technology with no updates) won’t easily fit in the MY08 cavity.

You may be better off putting a new aftermarket head-unit in your MY08? Might want to call Freeman’s Car Stereo in Charlotte to see if they can help?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts