Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my privite invitation road show today, and had my second test drive. Since I didn't have the chance to try the manual mode during the Indy stop in July, I started with the paddle shifters from the get-go this time out. Certainly felt the shifting was smoother then the fully automatic mode last time out- the auto mode (at least with these euro models) really isn't well adapted to "gettin on it". The drive today was also longer then the last time out, and while no highways, was able to get up to 50 mph or so nicely. Despite these little Smarties having been driven the hell out of during the last 3 or 4 months, the ride and fit still seemed pretty good. Just imagine how a brand new and "pampered" car might be! :)

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
My ride was a relatively quick one and the day was pretty hot so the AC was on full blast, stealing probably around 3-5 hp from the engine keeping cool. I am hopeful that the dealership will be getting a demo car this Fall as the GM of the dealership had hoped they would get. Then I could drive it on alittle better drive in cooler weather and notice the difference which should be noticeable. Like everyone else, I sure am getting itchy with anticipation for getting this car on order FOR REAL.....

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Despite these little Smarties having been driven the hell out of during the last 3 or 4 months, the ride and fit still seemed pretty good. Just imagine how a brand new and "pampered" car might be! :)
Because of the chaperones, those demo cars are far more pampered than mine would be after the same number of miles. I certainly didn't see any hell driving going on at the demos (in fact, quite the opposite). I think, whatever ride and fit you experienced, is all you can expect.

·
Registered
624 Posts
One in Chicago showed ...

16,800 on it, drive day was 9/18; can recall that the speedo had a plastic template over it but was having so much fun didn't pay attention if it was MPH or KPH as well as what the odo was reading so could be only 10,416 miles. One smart rep said the cars were euro the other from Canada but both hand Michigan plates on them.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because of the chaperones, those demo cars are far more pampered than mine would be after the same number of miles. I certainly didn't see any hell driving going on at the demos (in fact, quite the opposite). I think, whatever ride and fit you experienced, is all you can expect.

Poor MINI!!! ;)

Granted, these cars haven't really been "driven" as you say, but just imagine all the constant stopping, starting , idling, doors opening, closing, sitting in the seats, perhaps 100times a day. Probably a couple years of "daily activity" compressed into a few months!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts