Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mercedes says $266 to replace a $5 SD card.

is there any other way?

the smart/tomtom website shows you can "update system" but says to connect Via USB which there are no slots on the Unit.

suggestions besides paying $266 to mercedes?

**called /TomTom and they have no way of supplying they said, would it be possible to have another owner w/ navigation to "clone" their card?

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Secure Digital card hard to clone. My wife once complained her Nav was slow. I tried to clone it onto a super fast SanDisk and it would not work!

But legally the owner has a right to create a backup. Can try hddguru.com forum for help....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Help! Same issue, just bought a brand new 2018 from a Mercedes dealer, when the car arrived it was missing the Smart SD TomTom card. Dealer tells me the purchaser has to buy this separately. Can anyone confirm that the car is supposed to come with a card?
$390 for the card here in Canada

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I can't imagine nav option not coming with a map. That's just dealer trying to make more money. Maybe you can buy it directly from TomTom:

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sadly TomTom says it has to be purchased from the dealer, just wanted owners to confirm that their cars came with the cards

·
Super Moderator
28,790 Posts
Does Canada have a law similar to the one in the UK that says items sold must do what they claim to do (paraphrasing here...)? Unless the dealer specifically mentioned, before the purchase, that the SD card was an additional cost, how else would the navigation system navigate unless a card was installed? This sounds like a blatant attempt at adding more dealer profit, IMHO. :mad:

You may be able to get help here: Consumer protection legislation in Canada - Office of Consumer Affairs

·
Registered
2,872 Posts

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Yes wait. You said it's brand new! I didn't catch that until now...

Call Mercedes Benz customer service. That's downright shameful.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts