Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the cabriolet come with any type of a storage bag/container for the charging cable? In the coupes, the charging cable has a home in the tail gate, but in the cabriolet, that is set up for the side rails.

Len
2014 EV coupe 11,500 miles
2014 EV cabriolet 51 miles

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I don't know if my EPC is still working, but plop your VIN in and check under "Sundries"....

Congratulations!

Will be seeing the western, did I say eastern?!, side of your state soon.....

·
Super Moderator
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My EPC is still active. Good suggestion, but I don't see anything regarding any bag or container for the charging cable. Hope to hear from a cabriolet owner to let me know if I'm missing something.

Len

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Did the cabriolet come with any type of a storage bag/container for the charging cable? In the coupes, the charging cable has a home in the tail gate, but in the cabriolet, that is set up for the side rails.

Len
Unfortunately, the cabriolet smart EV's just received a naked charger placed in the trunk. Only the B-Class, S550e, C350e, and GLE550e utilized the exact same charger placed inside of a carrying bag with "Mercedes-Benz" marked on it.

The upcoming 453 smart EV's will have chargers marked with "Mercedes-Benz" directly on them in a cool ice blue illumination. I saw a carrying bag for it, but not sure if they're giving that one up to smart owners yet.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My 2013 came with the EVSE foam inserts for the tailgate. I had to (painstakingly) find out the P/N for the Side Rail holders to switch it out. I didn't get the top foam bit -- so I have to press hard to close the tailgate lid when the rails are in place. I guess they "wised up" and put the proper convertible foam inserts into the 2014+ tailgates.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
"I guess they "wised up" and put the proper convertible foam inserts into the 2014+ tailgates."

No they didn't. My 2014 ED Cabrio came with the charger foam tailgate inserts.
I traded them out w/ the foam from a regular cabrio.

I keep my 110v charger in an old cloth briefcase that I have had for a few years.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
"I guess they "wised up" and put the proper convertible foam inserts into the 2014+ tailgates."

No they didn't. My 2014 ED Cabrio came with the charger foam tailgate inserts.
I traded them out w/ the foam from a regular cabrio.

I keep my 110v charger in an old cloth briefcase that I have had for a few years.
Little known and difficult to prove fact, but the foam inserts that were installed in the Electric Drive cabrio's was actually a configurable option. The default was the charger foam inserts, but you could deselect that option and choose to have the cabriolet rail foam inserts installed instead. I preferred the cabriolet rail inserts. :nerd:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts