Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first time poster.

So I got a 2015 Smart ForTwo coupe for a pretty sweet deal. I had some issues with the headlights going out randomly but got that fixed. After that, I started hearing a clicking noise when shifting gears. The first time it was a coin in the coin slot, a penny. I took it out and the clicking went away.

Since a few days ago, I'm haring a clicking coming from what sounds like the front left of the car, driver's side. It clicks when it shifts gear, every time. It can also click when the car is stopped and you let off the gas then hit the break. It'll click every time the car stops or moves. Any idea? The car only has 2300 miles and, in all honest, I'm not too impressed with the issues I've been having with it. The dealer in Nashville TN only updated the software and the one here in Bowling Green KY actually fixed the dimmer switch which finally fixed my headlights issue. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, I'm tempted to let the dealer figure it out, but at the same time, it's down in Franklin TN which is about 80 miles 1 way from me. On top of that, the last time I let them figure something out (replacing the dimmer switch) they done a software update and no dimmer switch replacement which was the original issue. On top of that, they kept me down there for near 7 hours...I actually had to call in to work because of it.

Was hoping some of you guys might have an idea, but oh well. Guess I'll be bugging the dealer some more. Thanks!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, I'm tempted to let the dealer figure it out, but at the same time, it's down in Franklin TN which is about 80 miles 1 way from me. On top of that, the last time I let them figure something out (replacing the dimmer switch) they done a software update and no dimmer switch replacement which was the original issue. On top of that, they kept me down there for near 7 hours...I actually had to call in to work because of it.

Was hoping some of you guys might have an idea, but oh well. Guess I'll be bugging the dealer some more. Thanks!
Might it be a relay clicking on and off?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Relays yes, I hear a click when the auto-headlights come on
Maybe it is a relay for either the brake pedal which does other things besides apply the brake, or it may be a relay that controls the shifting mechanism or both. Does the car drive OK?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts