Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at 40k plus and have had no issues with my Smart, until now....

the other day my radio started switching into a mode I don't have; it would go into a Phone -navigation mode, the display would say Phone/Navi and I can't get any of the controls to work, the only way to fix it was to turn off the radio off then back on then it would switch modes again, turn it off and back on then it would switch again. Now it's fine, but a day or two after that I couldn't get the car to shift into reverse I had to play around with it for about 10 min hasn't done it again since (knock on wood), now this morning the triangle warning indicator came on and stayed on until I shut the car off and then started it again....

Not sure what is going on any one have any ideas, I'm going to schedule my serverce for next week, but I thought I would check and see if anyone has had this happen to them. :confused:

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,084 Posts
Do you have anything plugged into the power outlet? We've seen some odd behavior caused by devices plugged in that disrupt communications on the car's onboard network. Checking the battery voltage and grounding points is also a good idea.

Otherwise, use a Scanguage to check for codes or stop by a local auto parts place and have them pull any codes that might be a clue to the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing plugged in I'm going to check the batterey voltage after i get back to the house this afternoon.

I have an appointment next week for the 40K service, so I'll see what they say.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
The not going into reverse could be a separate and well known issue. You should get the 2.03 software update done on the transmission since you have had this problem at least once. We don't want you stranded somewhere or needing to back up from a RR crossing in a hurry and not be able to, that could hurt or worse! So getter dun! Getting that done won't hurt anything, if it should turn out to be something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts