Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 1 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
SmartUSA Appears to Deny Existence of Mercedes Engine Smarts

The fact that the SmartUSA folks weren't welcoming the "older brothers" to the show is not surprising.

Talked to another dealer of the current Mercedes engine smarts yesterday. He paid to be in a Eco type show in Denver last week and ended up very close to SmartUSA's booth. SmartUSA apparently got him kicked out of the show, though I think the promoter refunded his money. I really don't understand their posture on this. There are only a limited number of the Mercedes engine cars left (maybe 100?) and they certainly aren't manufacturing anymore of them in France. They are producing only the new models now. Surely they can't view a car that costs a hefty premium over theirs as a threat? At least not a high-numbers threat. It only serves to confuse the public even more when they pretend the currently available originals don't exist and then the public finds them. I know I'm biased on this, but it would seem that ANY smart car on the road helps the brand. It's a living part of the very real history of the smart car.

Ron Gaus, aSmartCar.com

1 - 1 of 2 Posts