Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few days I am getting a strong exhaust smell inside my car. I have checked the engine cover for proper install, (gasket looks fine). Checked the hatch and window seals. All looks fine. At a loss for ideas. Any ideas?????:think:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE, I have found that my roof is coming loose at the left rear corner, about 6" each direction from the corner. My guess is that the fumes are coming in at the roof when I am at speed going down road. Guess I'll check my options for a repair.:crying:

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
UPDATE, I have found that my roof is coming loose at the left rear corner, about 6" each direction from the corner. My guess is that the fumes are coming in at the roof when I am at speed going down road. Guess I'll check my options for a repair.:crying:
The "REAR" of the roof coming loose ......

THAT's a new one :(

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE

I did the repair on my roof this weekend. I removed the roof, cleaned off the old sealant, went to NAPA and bought 2 tubes of their ceramic glass sealant in the caulking tubes that you put in standard caulking gun, put nice thick bead on the car and with help from friend reinstalled roof. Weighted it down with sand bags for 24 hours and roof is done now. The ceramic sealant is a black caulking sealant that sets up like plyable rubber, but is semi hard when cured. While I was letting it cure I installed my new slotted and drilled front rotors and ceramic brake pads. Back on the road again and life is good again.:D NAPA part # is 3M 08693 for the sealant.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
I did the repair on my roof this weekend. I removed the roof, cleaned off the old sealant, went to NAPA and bought 2 tubes of their ceramic glass sealant in the caulking tubes that you put in standard caulking gun, put nice thick bead on the car and with help from friend reinstalled roof. Weighted it down with sand bags for 24 hours and roof is done now. The ceramic sealant is a black caulking sealant that sets up like plyable rubber, but is semi hard when cured. While I was letting it cure I installed my new slotted and drilled front rotors and ceramic brake pads. Back on the road again and life is good again.:D NAPA part # is 3M 08693 for the sealant.
Hey DC,

How's this repair holding up ???

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Roof repair great so far. Now if that waterpump that I ordered would get here i'd be in high cotton. Spent 3 1/2 hours last night removing inner wheel well, serpitine belt, tensioner, waterpump pully, can now get to all pump bolts, just waiting till I have new pump in hand befor I remove old pump. Coolant leaking right out of pump shaft.:(

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Roof repair great so far. Now if that waterpump that I ordered would get here i'd be in high cotton. Spent 3 1/2 hours last night removing inner wheel well, serpitine belt, tensioner, waterpump pully, can now get to all pump bolts, just waiting till I have new pump in hand befor I remove old pump. Coolant leaking right out of pump shaft.:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts