Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even when stationary, Lorinser’s refined smart fortwo will impress all who see it!

Designed in Germany by the legendary Mercedes Benz Tuner Lorinser and now available in North America exclusively from SMART MADNESS the newly released Lorinser smart tuning accessories are guaranteed to set your new 453 smart fortwo apart from the crowd!

This is a complete smart 453 model Styling Kit.
Including a Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Side Skirts, Lowering Springs, Exhaust and Custom Silver Lorinser Wheels.

Product Link
smart fortwo 453 by Lorinser - Complete Styling Kit w/ Wheels - Brilliant Silver Finish Online Store - smart car Parts and Accessories

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Don’t forget that powerpack ! Worth every penny .

I don't doubt it. Madness had a performance-enhanced 453 that they loaned my showroom for about a year and a half. That car was CERTAINLY faster than the stock 453's. It boosted hard enough to threaten fuel cut. I believe the original Madness-enhanced 453 had the Lorinser power pack in it.

I liked it. A lot. Anybody with a 453 looking for performance enhancements, you've gotta check Madness out. Your friends will never talk smack about a 0.9L 3-cylinder again.

·
Registered
656 Posts
When you tromp on it , the turbo just keeps on boosting , it makes my 5-speed a blast on twisty mountain roads . Taching to red line happens quick . What a hoot .

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
When you tromp on it , the turbo just keeps on boosting , it makes my 5-speed a blast on twisty mountain roads . Taching to red line happens quick . What a hoot .

The BRABUS does this too, and the trans programming LOVES to keep the rpms up. Unfortunately there is such a small sample size in America with only 75 coupes and 19 cabriolets.

I believe the BRABUS models were already uptuned, and therefore don't really need a Lorinser ECU or other ECU + related components upgrades.

Clearly, the car can be tuned even more aggressively. The uptuned smart 453's are very easy to crash. They are fast enough to overwhelm their brakes and chassis in turns if you stomp on it. Last thing you want to do is open up the turbo and then suddenly traffic stops in front of you. You can hit the brakes all you want but you'll need to wait a split second or so for the wastegate to do its job...

There is still some room to make the smart BRABUS even faster though. I can tell it was tuned to tease us and throttle back just a bit. I wonder if Lorinser's is a touch more aggressive, or if the Madness kit is even more aggressive than both...

·
Vendor
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Vendor
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Vendor
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Vendor
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Vendor
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Vendor
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SMART FORTWO 451 BY LORINSER - COMPLETE INTERIOR/ EXTERIOR PACKAGE W/ WHEELS - BLACK SATIN

Even when stationary, Lorinser’s refined smart fortwo will impress all who see it!

Designed in Germany by the legendary Mercedes Benz Tuner Lorinser and now available exclusively from SMART MADNESS the Lorinser smart tuning accessories are guaranteed to set your 451 model smart fortwo apart from the crowd.

This listing is for the smart 451 model ('07-15) Complete Lorinser Styling Kit.

Kit Includes: Front Bumper Spoiler, Rear Bumper Add On, Wide Body Rear Fenders, Black Wide Body Wheels, Fuel Door Badge, eBrake Handle + Boot, Pedal Set and Footrest.

Give your smart a complete makeover by clicking the link below:
http://smartmadness.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=78_171&product_id=1907

·
Vendor
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 24 Posts