Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Style your smart

Stuttgart - smart is staying true to its brand slogan "open your mind" and opening to outside ideas with a design contest. From 6 January 2010 fans of smart and design worldwide are invited to design a smart fortwo on the website www.styleyoursmart.com. smart is looking for the coolest smart design and will award prizes with a total value of €5000 to the winners.

Marc Langenbrinck, Managing Director smart brand and Head of Sales & Marketing smart says "In our daily contact with our customers we keep experiencing how passionate they are about smart. Many of them personalise their smart with products from our wide range of accessories. Lots of them go even further and realise their own ideas. We are now taking this up. The design contest offers all smart drivers and fans a platform to lend expression to their creativity."

Participants can give free rein to their imagination. A design configurator is available on the online platform www.styleyoursmart.com. It offers a multitude of colours, prints, patterns and shapes. At the same time budding artists can also develop their own graphic ideas. In addition, they can exchange views with other contestants and comment on and rate ideas and designs. In this way a design community for car enthusiasts and smart fans will be created.

Designs can be put online until 23 February 2010. An independent expert jury will subsequently select the best contributions based on the community ratings. The winners will be announced on the website on 26 February 2010 and can look forward to prizes totalling €5,000.

"Style your smart" is one of more than 1200 ideas submitted by the "Business Innovation Community", a Web 2.0 platform on the Daimler intranet. Employees can post their ideas here – and their colleagues from other departments and regions can comment on them, rate them and further develop them.

About smart:

smart is a success story. The smart fortwo has been on the market for twelve years now, and it has an impressive track record. Since 2009 the intelligent two-seater has been represented in 41 countries worldwide. In December 2009 the new smart fortwo electric drive with a lithium-ion battery was handed over to selected customers in Berlin. smart combines unique driving pleasure with comfort, agility, safety and ecology and, with a length of just 2.69 metres, it is the perfect city car. The smart fortwo established the microcar segment and created a totally new class of vehicle – the "smart class."

Further information from smart is available on the internet:
www.media.daimler.com
www.smart.com

·
17,368 Posts
I thought they'd send you a smart with your design on it, oh well, go for the prize! :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
I did my first one really quick yesterday with the ready-made images they had. I like the brutally honest comments people make on your design. 2.5 stars lol

I'll post more designs once I have time to do them. When I do, vote Carl242! :cool:

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,091 Posts
Hmmm.... What about a Joker face accentuating the smart's natural smile and the slogan "Go with a smile!"? On the back for other drivers we can put, "Why so serious?"

smart could team up with DC, Marvel, etc. for comic themed smarts.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
I did my first one really quick yesterday with the ready-made images they had. I like the brutally honest comments people make on your design. 2.5 stars lol

I'll post more designs once I have time to do them. When I do, vote Carl242! :cool:
Now there are so many designs, it's going to be rare to see real comments:confused:

Several Hundred already today

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
There are some designs at the Smart Design Contest site. It would be neat to design one and submit it. Since I am already a FaceBook account holder (or some one who already sold his soul there :) ), I can connect using my account. Now it is a matter of creating a design. :)

It would be neat if a place that creates skins for things (like Skinit) could create a skin for the Fortwo. At Skinit, one can upload ones design or chose one from what they have. There might be other places that can do it too. Perhaps a skin that is easily put on and taken off would be ideal. I am into computers and not really knowledgeable in cars. :)

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Sad thing is, Many of the folks making comments over at this site have no interest in smart. Some folks didn't even know what this one said on it

I dont know what you tried to write but you dont put writing on a car unless you advertise soemthing. Naked
Please come over and Vote and comment
Smart Design Contest

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Well the Contest is over.

I think this thing went really bad.

The Rules Were based on Activity to the site so it was constantly being spammed by those trying to win by activity alone.

To get some sense of the Bickering and pettiness by some, take a look at the page of one of the Mods of the site
Hermes

He was the go to guy to complain. And most of the complaints were by some of the folks trying to "stay within the rules" but total missed the mark on the intent of the contest.

The Design with the most comments were usually some of the worst. If you did produce a good design, the others spending 24/7 on the site would score you low to keep their scores higher. The highest score you can get is 5, the highest scored design is a 3.1

I really feel sorry for the Jury on this thing, There were two member alone responsible for over 16,000 "designs." Even if they did create 1 or 2 great ones, they will get lost in the sea of crap they put out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts