Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Subwoofer problem

My friend has a 2009 smart. Her smart started "growling" very loudly. It happened whether the radio was on or not. The guy at smart said he saw the same problem a few years ago. Our smart dealer diagnosed the problem as an electrical problem with the subwolfer and replaced it at a cost of $547. They said that they could not just disconnect it because all kinds of circuits are attached to it. I find this confusing. I don't see why you could not disconnect the subwolfer. Has anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a friend that just put a OEM sub in and the radio worked fine before it was added.. should work fine afterwards... Not sure of the issue of being removed..

·
Registered
738 Posts
Has anybody else had this problem?
Yes, mine started doing the same thing for the past four months. It's looking like coming from the OE sub; it grunts every time I start the car up. I am taking the sub off once the weather heats up. I'd bought it used three years ago from a fellow forummer, installed it myself (easy plug and play). The only thing to remember is to disconnect the battery before taking the seat off to put the subwoofer in. Nothing to it.

-wahi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts