Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No smart summer get-togethers planned for Ohio smarties? The fall school term starts for me August 17 (teachers only).

Anybody want to do a Lake Erie gathering? Or anywhere else?

Vil in Akron

·
Registered
327 Posts
No smart summer get-togethers planned for Ohio smarties? The fall school term starts for me August 17 (teachers only).

Anybody want to do a Lake Erie gathering? Or anywhere else?

Vil in Akron
I could be game depending of course on day and time and yada yada.... Set something up Vil... We can see what happens.
Russ

·
Registered
327 Posts
Vil... thought of something else. What about something around Akron. Maybe Lock 3. Too bad we didn't start sooner but David Sanborn is going to be there Saturday night. That would be fun.... Thinking....thinking... thinking.....

Russ

·
Super Moderator
28,456 Posts
smart Center Bedford just sent this out:

Please Join Us for International Art Appreciation Day

August 8th, 2009

It's s m a r t appreciation day too!

As you may know, the smart fortwo was chosen as an exhibit at MOMA

The Museum Of Modern Art in New York ! We are planning an outing for smart owners to look at other great examples of Rolling Art at The Crawford Auto Museum.

Come gather at smart center Bedford on Saturday, August 8th, at 11:30AM

Pizza and Beverages will be served

We will leave the smart center promptly at 12:30 PM and travel as a group to the Museum at University Circle

The first 30 smart owners that show up get free admission to experience the Great Rolling Art of the Past spanning three centuries of the automobile.

RSVP 440-359-1560
:)

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Sounds like a great time! If only we hadn't already planned to go to meet up with the group from St Louis that same day. Bummer.....:(

Oh well, have a wonderful meet and enjoy the museum! :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I got all busy and forgot to get back to this thread. Will try to make it up to the museum on Saturday, but I will have to arrive late.

Had a few ideas for events.
Was thinking it might be fun to have a Labor Day weekend picnic somewhere -- perhaps in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. I've been having lots of fun driving country roads this summer in my smart. I know it is supposed to be an urban vehicle, but I love the way it handles all the curves and rollercoaster roads of NE Ohio.

Another idea for fall -- a smart tailgate party at an agreed upon athletic event.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sorry I got all busy and forgot to get back to this thread. Will try to make it up to the museum on Saturday, but I will have to arrive late.

Had a few ideas for events.
Was thinking it might be fun to have a Labor Day weekend picnic somewhere -- perhaps in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. I've been having lots of fun driving country roads this summer in my smart. I know it is supposed to be an urban vehicle, but I love the way it handles all the curves and rollercoaster roads of NE Ohio.

Another idea for fall -- a smart tailgate party at an agreed upon athletic event.
Yeah Village I am up for any get together. I just realized that I had plans already for this weekend, so I can't make the art museum... shoot, that would have been fun. Labor day or tailgate party or whatever...
Russ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts