Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!!!

It’s my pleasure to announce our next event. It will be a joint meet and greet with both Suncoast Smarts and Central Florida Smart Car Club. I’m also including our friends in The Villages in hopes that they can join us as well. The date will be Sunday June, 13th and we’ll have caravan’s leaving from Sarasota, Clearwater and Orlando, FL to meet at 1pm at Harry’s Seafood Bar and Grille in historic downtown Lakeland, FL. After lunch we’ll park by Lake Mirror for a group photo.

If you can join us in Lakeland, please send me a short email or facebook message so we can get an idea of the size of our group for the restaurant. Look forward to seeing everyone!!!

Orlando Caravan Information:
Meet and depart from:
Mimi's Café parking lot (adjacent to smart center Orlando)
4175 Millenia Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32839-6409
Caravan will leave at noon and arrive at Lakeland at 1pm.

Clearwater Caravan Information:
Meet and depart from:
Smokey Bones BBQ parking lot (1/4 mile from smart center Clearwater)
2693 Gulf to Bay Blvd.
Clearwater, FL 33759
Caravan will leave at 11:30am and arrive in Lakeland at 1pm

Sarasota Caravan Information:
Meet and depart from:
Fruitville Public Library parking lot (Exit 210 off of I75)
100 Coburn Road
Sarasota, FL 34240
Caravan will leave at 11:30am and arrive in Lakeland at 1pm

Lakeland Lunch Location:
Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille
101 North Kentucky Avenue
Lakeland, FL 33801

Thank you,
Bill Hitchcock
Suncoast Smarts
[email protected]

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
why would u do it this day nationals is still going on
It was the only weekend that there wasn't something going on in Downtown Lakeland and Harry's could accommodate our group.

Didn't see nationals as an attendance issue... other than you and possibly Chip, I don't know of anyone else in the area that is attending nationals.

Also wanted to get it in before the heat really kicks in in July.

Do wish you could attend though... would love to see the progress on the engine.

·
Registered
479 Posts
FYI - this was just emailed to me from Wilde Jaguar (Smart Sarasota). Nice job, Bill, getting their attention:

---------------------------------------

Dear smart car owner,

Suncoast Smarts and Central Florida Smart Cars Club will be holding a joint event on Sunday June 13th. The event will involve 3 caravans that will leave from the general vicinity of the Sarasota, Clearwater and Orlando dealerships and will end in downtown Lakeland, FL. Once in Lakeland, we’ll have a group lunch at Harry’s Seafood, a meet and greet as well as a group photo by Lake Mirror.

<snipped, same as Bill's OP>

Regards,
smart center Sarasota Sales Team
www.smartcentersarasota.com

Wilde Jaguar of Sarasota
4821 Clark Rd.
Sarasota, FL 34233
www.jaguarofsarasota.com
(941) 924-3019

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
FYI - this was just emailed to me from Wilde Jaguar (Smart Sarasota). Nice job, Bill, getting their attention:

---------------------------------------

Dear smart car owner,

Suncoast Smarts and Central Florida Smart Cars Club will be holding a joint event on Sunday June 13th. The event will involve 3 caravans that will leave from the general vicinity of the Sarasota, Clearwater and Orlando dealerships and will end in downtown Lakeland, FL. Once in Lakeland, we’ll have a group lunch at Harry’s Seafood, a meet and greet as well as a group photo by Lake Mirror.

<snipped, same as Bill's OP>

Regards,
smart center Sarasota Sales Team
www.smartcentersarasota.com

Wilde Jaguar of Sarasota
4821 Clark Rd.
Sarasota, FL 34233
www.jaguarofsarasota.com
(941) 924-3019
Thanks for posting this!! It's nice to see dealership support. :D

Edit... it just under 12 hours the response has been fantastic!! We have smarts confirmed from Ocala all the way down to South Florida(Miami) and almost 20 people attending!!

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,178 Posts
I think I will drive down from Jacksonville. The local group seems to have dried up and blown away. I need some smartie time!! :)

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump for a good time. We now have smarts coming from all corners of Florida. :D Jax to Miami... to Ft. Myers and up to Gainesville and all points in between. :D

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks to everyone that came out this afternoon!!!!

We had 45 cars and over 100 people from all over the state of Florida!!!

Pictures will follow as I get them. Look forward to seeing everyone in September at THE DRAGON!!!!!!! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts