Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Putting in my 2 cents, I would rather just pay the $15 and not see any advertising at all. In our lives these days, we are inundated with advertisements....radio, TV...Drugs, trucks and SUV's .....well, just everywhere and guess who winds up paying for all that bombardment type advertising?? :(

John
Well put and definitely something we will take in to consideration. I too am a part of a community where there is an option to be a member and not have any advertising but the rate has just been too high for me to cover it.... $250 a year :(

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Putting in my 2 cents, I would rather just pay the $15 and not see any advertising at all. In our lives these days, we are inundated with advertisements....radio, TV...Drugs, trucks and SUV's .....well, just everywhere and guess who winds up paying for all that bombardment type advertising?? :(

John
I think that people who spend their time and do the research that enhances this forum should get recognized. Some people just show up...ask questions and leave. If you do more than most people, like some of you guys who are real motorheads and I love that.......contribute the most useful info should get a visual pat on the back for it. Maybe little smart cars..... none for noobs (25 posts or less), one for minor helpers (100 posts), 2 for better helpers(150 posts) and 3 for big helpers (200+ posts) like the tech guys and admins etc... As long as the posts have some content and the member isn't just posting b.s. to get rank...that sort of thing. Just an idea.....a lot of forums do it this way. Me, I just like helping. I thank the contributors for their great help and try to post anything I find that is new and relevant. This forum is helping us all get thru this DRAG of a waiting period and the comradery helps me a bunch. Sorry to get so verbose. That's my much more than 2 cents. Spock out.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts

John
John,

Having vendors of Smart related products offering their wares in designated forum areas on the site is a real benefit to the members. This reduces surfing time to find items we might be interested in, but also gives an opportunity to members to openly rate and critique those products. I agree that unsolicited banners flashing on the screen should not be allowed.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think that people who spend their time and do the research that enhances this forum should get recognized. Some people just show up...ask questions and leave. If you do more than most people, like some of you guys who are real motorheads and I love that.......contribute the most useful info should get a visual pat on the back for it. Maybe little smart cars..... none for noobs (25 posts or less), one for minor helpers (100 posts), 2 for better helpers(150 posts) and 3 for big helpers (200+ posts) like the tech guys and admins etc... As long as the posts have some content and the member isn't just posting b.s. to get rank...that sort of thing. Just an idea.....a lot of forums do it this way. Me, I just like helping. I thank the contributors for their great help and try to post anything I find that is new and relevant. This forum is helping us all get thru this DRAG of a waiting period and the comradery helps me a bunch. Sorry to get so verbose. That's my much more than 2 cents. Spock out.

I like your thinking.

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
More great things are coming out that I wanted to touch on here.

First, I am really excited to think that soon enough vendors will have products available for us and I hope to leverage their participation in our community against discounts for our group.

Next, I have a good idea of what I want instead of the stars, I just need help creating it!

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
More great things are coming out that I wanted to touch on here.

First, I am really excited to think that soon enough vendors will have products available for us and I hope to leverage their participation in our community against discounts for our group.

Next, I have a good idea of what I want instead of the stars, I just need help creating it!
Smart,

Try reaching out to the members for help. Lot's of diverse skills (including web design) are among our ranks. How can we help?

·
Super Moderator
29,149 Posts
Trial membership?

The change to SCOA is a start - seems much more inclusive to me. My only issue now is the automatic renewal via PayPal. I'm not a fan of automatically renewing anything; how about a six month "trial membership" with no automatic renewal for $10? Just a thought. :)

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Jwight,

We are still fine-tunning the program as we always will be and I think I will take you up on the trial membership run to... I will post back once I have done so.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Also interested in helping out with the site cost...just don't like the "automatic renewal". Over time, one forgets that the "membership" renewal date is coming up and then, there is a notice the renewal has gone thru and the cost is already deducted from your account. Who knows, in a few years, I might of moved on to another vehicle and this information no longer really interests me. Hope one understands my thoughts on this point. Not trying to cause any hardships or hard feelings...;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I will NOT participate in any 'auto renewal' - get rid of that, and I'll probably contribute.

Hope you use the money for more band width and/or a faster server. The responce time has fallen to "not worth it" in the last few weeks

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
I will NOT participate in any 'auto renewal' - get rid of that, and I'll probably contribute.

Hope you use the money for more band width and/or a faster server. The responce time has fallen to "not worth it" in the last few weeks
Yes,
Time to trade in the P2 server or drop the dial-up and get a dedicated T-1. An externally hosted site might be more economical at this point.

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Agreed. No auto renewal, please.
Hey guys,

Thanks for your input on this and I have finally seen it from your side. In the beginning I thought the auto-renewal would be a good thing but I now think differently... the auto-renewal has been removed for all the current Club members as well as any future club members.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts