Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow SW Floridians with Smartcars!

I have been absent from SCOA since I bought my car but I am Back now and i am seeing more and more of the beautiful little buggers (Smartcars) everywhere down here, from Naples to Fort Myers. The world must be getting smarter little by little. Is there ever any crazy Smartcar get togethers down here in SW Florida. We should start raiding these classic car shows that my son and I go to where half the cars are Corvettes and Mustangs. Can you imagine 20 Smartcars showing up and raising hell!!!
Anyway, just a thought. Have any info or ideas let me know. Blake Dancer:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lettuce!

Thanks so much for heads up Lettuce. I am in Zurich Switzerland and will be back the 18th, however look forward to seeing you at the next get together. I am looking to get SW Floridians from Naples (southern end) to Sarasota (northern end) to crash these car shows. There is no car on the road, old or new, that gets the attention and interest that my Smart gets with the kayak/bike rack hovering over the top and rear. Now just imagine a fleet of these lovely Smarts descending on the the shows. They keep asking me to go but I want a group to join me to show that the Smart is the future, not a fad or novelty. I am over here in Switzerland and there are Smart Cars of every color everywhere. They are here to stay now that Mercedes can get more behind them. Let me know who else is down here in Southern SW Florida. Thanks, Blake:wink:

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
There is no car on the road, old or new, that gets the attention and interest that my Smart gets with the kayak/bike rack hovering over the top and rear. :
Oh, I don't know about that. When my wife and I drove Max, our 08 Carbio, down from Maine to his new home in FL with our rack and roll trailer, two kayaks and 2 bikes we got quite a bit of attention:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DowneasTTer, first of all , I do not doubt you may have turned alot of heads and may have even caused a wreck or two but could you post a pic here. I would love to see it. Secondly, I was comparing my Smart Car with all Corvettes, Mustangs and countless other classic cars we see at the car shows that are gorgeous but not inventive or unique.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts

Here's Max on a trip to Acadia National Park for a little yaking on Eagle Lake.

And here in the in-laws driveway in CT on the way to his new home..

btw: he's quite glad he now lives in FL.. NO MORE SNOW

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey Blake, it's Jo-el ~ I chatted with you for a few on Colonial last week (with the Black Brabus). Glad to see you joined SCOA! I actually posted in your Best Inexpensive mod thread and didn't notice it was you :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts