Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is one I have not seen. New noise from front suspension. Mainly while turning. Took a look and the sway bar bushing bracket is missing half of the bracket. Bolt is still tight and the bar moved to the front of the remaining bracket and was hitting the plastic radiator shroud. Very strange, I ordered replacement brackets and will replace.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here is one I have not seen. New noise from front suspension. Mainly while turning. Took a look and the sway bar bushing bracket is missing half of the bracket. Bolt is still tight and the bar moved to the front of the remaining bracket and was hitting the plastic radiator shroud. Very strange, I ordered replacement brackets and will replace.
That's really weird, are you the original owner?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, original owner. Changed the bushings to poly a few years ago. Looks like the rear bracket sheered above the bolt. There have been some big potholes.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replacement parts came in today. 10 dollars for front and rear drivers side brackets. The original rear one sheered at the first curve above the bolt hole. Very strange. Looks like it happened a while back as it was not shiny. Did not notice any issues during my tire rotation and service a couple of months ago. Possible I missed it and then the sway bar shifted and I got the odd noise. Second issue with this car, brake switch and now this. Fingers crossed.

genuinemercedesparts.com

Part Number
Part Name
Price
Quantity
Total
451-323-02-40
Stabilizer Bar Rear Bracket, LEFT
$5.31

451-323-03-40
Stabilizer Bar Front Bracket, LEFT
$4.68