Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to open the glass hatch and reached into the recess on the rear tailgate and noticed there is no button to release the glass hatch, It was there a couple days ago. Anyone else notice the membrane opener switch on the tailgate missing on their smart? Anyone work on or replaced their button switch?

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,184 Posts
There was a guy at the last Dragon event who had the switch's finger grip 'membrane' fall out when the hatch fell open. It's part of the switch assembly. He had to get a new switch. There's usually one floating around on ebay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just had to investigate an issue with my hatch release button. the switch was not working
and i removed the tailgate panel to access the switch...turns out, the switch was unplugged.
this is an easy task. the switch is clipped onto the tailgate panel by 2 clips. is it possible your switch loosened and fell inside the tailgate?? the way the switch is clipped in, i do not think your switch fell out maybe just in.

i usually take photos of my repairs, but didnt this time.
check this link out from FQ101..this is the disassembly of the rear panel.

FQ101.co.uk - Boot panel

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was a guy at the last Dragon event who had the switch's finger grip 'membrane' fall out when the hatch fell open. It's part of the switch assembly. He had to get a new switch. There's usually one floating around on ebay.
I believe that is what happened to mine, it is missing the finger grip membrane. I will have to pick one up from eBay and replace the switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts