Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have traded in the BMW Z4 roadster for Smarty. Smarty (yes, that is what Kerry named her) has a screaming 70hp, ABS, traction control and, get this...paddle shifters. I kid you not. It has paddle shifters on the steering wheel.

At least they are both German.

So, why the change?

Well, the BMW Z4 is a stupendous car -- really. Driving it around the potholed roads of Seattle - not so much. When we get the boat, it will move from a secure, private garage to a parking spot near the marina. I just can't do that to this car.

Also, we are saving *hundreds* of dollars a month doing this, which means that money can go towards paying down other debt or going into savings.

After driving it a couple days in Seattle traffic, I have decided I am going to install two (2) Steibel air horns from Riderwarehouse.com

Yes, 139dB each. The next ^%$#%^#@ that changes lanes into Smarty will be seeing his audiologist for permanent hearing loss and a hearing aid.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new ride! :)

If you're interested in tracking and sharing your fuel mileage, we can always use a few more smarts on Fuelly.com.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Just don't park Along the waters edge.

Don't want a repeat of Holland's Wowes

Won't say more so I don't bring on the search engines

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,554 Posts
Two 139dB airhorns? Doesn't 278dB produce instant death?

(that was actually an unrelated question)

I gave up my Z4 for my smart, too. I waited to buy my 2003.5 Z4 for the color: Merlot Red. My smart is also Merlot Red thanks to that choice. I had both cars in my garage for months and rarely took the roadster. I still love the old car but my smart has a brighter place in my heart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts