Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what size the screws for mounting the tach and clock are? I just bought them at a junkyard today but they have no idea where the original mounting screws are.
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I just got back from ordering the screws from smartcenter Cincinnati, and I have to say, they sure are proud of those screws - $2.50 each! Oh, well, hopefully they'll arrive in time for me to get everything installed before Thanksgiving, when my brothers and brother-in-law will see my new toy for the first time.

For anyone who cares, the part number according to the invoice is
005-990-37-12. The only thing that really bugs me is it's costing me 10% of what I paid for the tach & clock for the screws.
-Bob

·
17,350 Posts
The Pods normally cost about $300. I'd be glad to pay $2.50 for a screw If I got a deal like you!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I was shocked how cheaply the tach/clock was priced; I was looking for a wheel to use as a spare - pretty much any wheel that would fit - and wound up getting a 9-spoke wheel like what's on my car for $125, and figured I'd check to see if they had the tach. When it came up for $50, I immediately grabbed the phone and ordered both. When I got there to pick them up, the wheel even had a decent tire still mounted, and it appears to be holding pressure, so I'd have to agree with the making out like a bandit, HGB. And thanks for the warning, jwight, it was a nice laugh!

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
It's only plastic. I went to my organizer and grabbed several stainless screws that fit and used them. I keep a good a selection on hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts