Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I FUSES. Probably 95 % of us carry some in the glove box, but as I meneioned in a post several days ago, be sure you have both the standard size and the minature version. About half our fuses are the standard size and the rest are minature and they are NOT interchangeable! Lots of good ideas here. A lot that never occoured to me.

fusesf

·
Registered
78 Posts
NATO 7 tonne towing strap, jack handle, breaker bar with 15 inch socket as a wheel brace, first aid kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have purchased the Acme 5/8-8 style tap-die kit to make my own threaded parts to attach there.
Do report back if that fits. I haven't put a thread gauge on it to be certain, but it is my understanding that it is an M16 acme and it looks like a 5/8 might fit with the tollerances.

As for what's in mine?
Jumper cables, tire plugs, air compressor, 1/4" amsteel rope, and a couple of snatch blocks.

·
I'll figger this car out
287 Posts
Do report back if that fits. I haven't put a thread gauge on it to be certain, but it is my understanding that it is an M16 acme and it looks like a 5/8 might fit with the tollerances.

As for what's in mine?
Jumper cables, tire plugs, air compressor, 1/4" amsteel rope, and a couple of snatch blocks.
It DOES fit. I put the die on a tow hook and it is a perfect fit. I can make new or other style tow hooks with the proper thread. This was my offer to the community if there was a need.

·
I'll figger this car out
287 Posts

As for what's in mine?
It DOES fit. I put the die on a tow hook and it is a perfect fit. I can make new or other style tow hooks with the proper thread. This was my offer to the community if there was a need.
If anyone has suggestions for a starter piece for the use of this die, please let me know. An extra long hook? I was thinking about creating two such hooks that I link together pintle-style, so that anyone can easily tow or move a smart and not be concerned about damage to fenders

41 - 45 of 45 Posts