Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Talimena Scenic Drive - Sat. October 22 (Quachita National Forest)

This drive will be Sat. October 22. Look for my Sept 22 comment for details.

The Tulsa Smart People (smartusainsider) are considering doing a group drive/caravan down the Talimena Scenic Drive in the Quachita National Forest (Mena, AR to Talihena, OK). We are thinking the end of September or first part of October in order to see the Fall colors. We would have lunch either at the beginning of the drive or stop at the Queen Wilhemena Lodge for lunch depending on time. My preference is to have lunch at the Lodge. This decision will be made in advance.

This will be an all day drive with the Tulsa group leaving early in the morning. Specific times have not been set as of yet.

We are also inviting the Arkansas Smarts to join us as well as any other Oklahoma smart owner. Smarts from other states are welcome to join us though I'd think this would be a long day.

www.talimenascenicdrive.com to learn more about the drive.

I am working on specific plans now so would appreciate feedback soon.

Happy smarting,

Jill

·
Registered
208 Posts
Alas, my actual participation is unlikely, but rest assured my heart will be there. I can't wait to start being an active part of any and all smart groups that will have me. LOL

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alas, my actual participation is unlikely, but rest assured my heart will be there. I can't wait to start being an active part of any and all smart groups that will have me. LOL
The MO-KAN group is starting to put a trip to Eureka Springs together for the first part of November. It would be closer to you. I'll let you know more about it once they work out the particulars.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I will keep watching your progress on this. My wife and I would love to come down if you do the drive on a saturday. We would drive down friday afternoon and stay until Sunday if it works out. We will keep watching.

John & Jill

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John and Jill, I'll get the date posted this weekend. I'm trying to figure out when is the best time to see the leaves turning color. I know that's a guessing game since we need to schedule in advance. I am planning for the drive to be on a Saturday.

Jill

·
Registered
106 Posts
Great, looking forward to it....and if you get that prediction thing down let me know...I'll see if you can predict a few other things...LOL

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Talimena Scenic Drive details:
All Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas or any other smart is invited to do the drive with us.

Saturday October 22nd

Meeting place: Braums at 81st and Hwy 51 in Broken Arrow.
Or you may meet us in Mena, Arkansas, place to be determined. PM or comment here if you want to meet us in Mena.

Time: 7:30 am (to leave Braums by 8am)
If meeting us in Mena, I'm planning that we will be there by 11:30am

Lunch at Queen Wilhemena Lodge

Details: The Talimena Scenic Drive is 54 miles long with lots of Scenic Overlooks. It ends close to Talihena, OK. I am planning to drive the full length, however there are places you can exit the drive along the way. This is a full day activity for the Tulsa group. If we need to stop on the way home for supper we will but I'm hoping we'll be back in Tulsa by 7 to 8 pm. (If I have my timing is right).

If you have a FRS radio please bring it along for communication purposes.

Jill

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I need to hear from people who are planning to attend this event. I'm trying to get a count of how many cars and people are coming. The Talimena Scenic Drive is a really beautiful drive along the ridge of the mountain.

Please post your RSVP here and if you are meeting us in Mena, Arkansas or in Broken Arrow, OK or if you want to meet us along the way we can figure that out as well.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last Chance, the drive is tomorrow. Anyone planning to come who hasn't RSVP'd. Let me know tonight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts