Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1202 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will start out here, I ordered a Passion with the Black body on black frame with red interior.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Greetings ALL

New guy here with my first post :D

I ordered a Passion Silver body Silver T. and Beige inside.

Will be going to Lynn Ma on the 28th to see the traveling show and take a test drive, I'll take some pictures and maybe some video and share ;)

AFM

·
Registered
106 Posts
my smart

I signed up for a blue cabrio with silver trim, but I may change to yellow with black if I can. Currently drive an 02 BMW Z3.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered a blue Cabrio with black body and live in WA... I have heard rumors that LA will be one of the first geo area to get the smart because of the high number of reservations... Does anyone know where else might be early in their deliveries?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Passion (Coupe), Yellow/Black, Black Interior (will also consider Black/Black & Silver/Silver). Really want the Brabus version to make it here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have yet to see the beige interior... have you seen it in person? Every car I have seen so far has either dark or red interior

·
Registered
671 Posts
Smartcar, no I have not seen the beige interior in person, only on their website. I was figuring that going with beige would give me the most versatility if I want to change body panel colors. Beige should go with just about every other color.

·
Registered
2 Posts
impatient

reserved a red passion with cloth ?beige? interior, but got impatient and 3 weeks ago got a smart fortwo pulse from Germany via California delivered to Florida with 45 miles (a 2006)...it's awesome...will probably still take the 2008 and keep my options open..My smart Pulse has pwer windows, power locks, and CD player..its burgundy with blue cloth interior, my wife and I fight over who gets to drive it daily
JT

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't think we actually "ordered" anything.

To quote smart USA "THIS IS NOT AN OFFER TO SELL OR A PURCHASE AGREEMENT TO BUY A SMART CAR. THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR RETAIL CUSTOMERS ONLY. THE RETAIL PRICES OF SMART CARS HAS YET TO BE DETERMINED. YOU WILL RECEIVE AN OFFER ONLY FROM AN AUTHORIZED smart USA DEALER. "

That said, I reserved a Passion, black tridion, red body panels, red interior.
My Prius needs a baby sister.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 2003 Blue Cabrio

I have a 2003 Passion with nearly 15,000 miles and I still love it. It is an absolute pleasure to drive and surprises many sports car owners with its power and handling. One problem I have is that the factory wheels seem very subceptible to damage from potholes and uneven road surfaces. I have bent 6 rims in the last year. One was actually cracked so it couldn't be straightened. Do others have similar problems or have you found aftermarket wheels in the US? I have found one place that can straighten wheels for the SMART. http://www.rimandwheelworks.com/ They do great work and have had a special plate made to handle the 3 lug wheel. Have others run into this problem?

1 - 20 of 1202 Posts