Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that smart cars will be in short supply once sales start in January, but is it safe to assume that the dealerships will have vehicles on hand for test drives? I wasn't able to attend the road show when it stopped here in Milwaukee this summer, so I haven't had a chance to drive a smart yet. I'd really like to do so before I start making plans.

What do you think?

Wil

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Sounds like most dealers will have 3 or 4 demo cars....not sure why, as the entire first year production is over sold..... I am sort of ticked to know that 150 to 200 cars will not make it into early reservationists hands... just my 0.02

I am already meeting folks who are semi ticked off that they cannot just buy one of these things for another whole year.... Locally this phenom will get worse once I show up with mine.... It will be one of only two or three in this Metropolitian area...

An area the went nutz with the new beattle, Miata, PT cruiser, and Mini Cooper and a few other nitch high end cars like the Porsche Boxter, Audi TT roadster, Mazda R8 ..... Lots of Soldiers with lots of cash when they return from 15 month deployments.... Lots of defense contractors also (big money folks) ... flush with funds and short on patientce around here...

You might have picked up my growing frustration in some of my other posts.... and I don't appologize for the impatience, I waited my whole life to be in a position to get things I want

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I know your frustration. I am concerned that by the time the get to #1276 I will not be able to get a Blue/Black/Black and will have to take whatever my dealer has when he calls me. I might have to pass at that point and the long wait will have been a waste of time.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I know your frustration. I am concerned that by the time the get to #1276 I will not be able to get a Blue/Black/Black and will have to take whatever my dealer has when he calls me. I might have to pass at that point and the long wait will have been a waste of time.

No worries mate. You will be able to configure your car online several months before delivery, your car will be built to your specifications and sent to your smart Center for delivery. This is the model for all smart car's sold in the USA (of course down the road there will be "in stock" cars).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts