Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a 2005 Passion Cabrio with less than 10,000 miles on it. It is now tagged and titles in Austin, TX. Our other vehicles include a 2007 GMC Sierra pick up and a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid. Even with two other newer vehicles the wife and I are often playing a game of who gets to drive the Smart today. :)

Once the new ones start to grab hold in the States I can easily see us getting another Smart. We're still on the waiting list, but will have to wait and see how it plays out over the year or so.

We lived in Europe for over 6 years and saw these everywhere over there. We've been keeping out eyes peeled for one in the States and finally found it this last week and couldn't be happier with our purchase.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Congratulations wyldkarma on your "new" Passion. What type of engine do you have in it? And how (where) did you find one here? Post some pictures when you get the chance!:cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
We just purchased a 2005 Passion Cabrio with less than 10,000 miles on it. It is now tagged and titles in Austin, TX. Our other vehicles include a 2007 GMC Sierra pick up and a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid. Even with two other newer vehicles the wife and I are often playing a game of who gets to drive the Smart today. :)

Once the new ones start to grab hold in the States I can easily see us getting another Smart. We're still on the waiting list, but will have to wait and see how it plays out over the year or so.

We lived in Europe for over 6 years and saw these everywhere over there. We've been keeping out eyes peeled for one in the States and finally found it this last week and couldn't be happier with our purchase.
I am not trying to be rude but can you share with us a rough estimate of what you paid for your smart in the used market. I am looking to see about what they go for and how well you were able to negotiate. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This is a 2005 Passion Cabrio fully loaded with less than 10,000mi. German import. It has the cdi diesel engine. Price was around $17,000. All paperwork was handled by a title attorney to get it tagged and licensed. As for the exact details on how it was accomplished, you will have to get an attorney to navigate the difficult import laws and title procedures. I don't know all the ins and outs of the procedure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
To see what the Smarts are getting for mileage you can visit a european website that tracks mileage info for all vehicles based on the owners inputs. I just added mine. Seems I'm getting just under 60 mpg right now. Some folks are getting over 80 mpg. http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/

·
Registered
465 Posts

Oops, sorry - just trying to figure out how to post an image. I tirued what was listed in an above post, but all I get is the link posted. What am I doing wrong?

That's my old MCS by the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts