Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,649 Posts
Couldn't open your zip file?

I just replaced one of those end pieces on my cabriolet - about $3.50 or so from the dealer. I bought two so I'd have a spare. That way I know I'll never need it. :)

Len
2014 EV Coupe 19,000 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 14,000 miles

·
Registered
120 Posts
My 2013 was missing the cap when I bought it. Finally got around to installing one and it broke within a few months. Now I'm on my second one.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
You can buy them, at the smart dealership. I’ve gone though a bunch of them. They used to crack, and fall off the turn signal stock. I tried to super gluing the crack back together. The cheapest part, you can buy. I think they were a couple bucks. Different colors too.

Smart madness used to carry them too.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
I bought the metal ones from smart madness back in 2008 and they're still fine. Don't know if they still carry them but it's worth a check.

·
Super Moderator
1,649 Posts
I bought a couple from my dealer for around $3 each.

Len

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
I was just out in the garage looking for the extra ones, I bought. I can’t find them. I would have sent you one free. They were the light gray ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can't seem to find the creme/tan/biscuit(?) colored wiper switch covers to purchase. Sorta want to just print them for the fun of it and have filament to do some other updates...anybody know what filament brand/color is a close match to OEM?

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Can't seem to find the creme/tan/biscuit(?) colored wiper switch covers to purchase. Sorta want to just print them for the fun of it and have filament to do some other updates...anybody know what filament brand/color is a close match to OEM?
just paint them. Lots of plastic model car spray paint colors, that come close. Take a old one up to Hobby Lobby. Match it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks smark! Appreciate the response!!! Painting them is an option I didn't even consider - I guess my only concern would the potential for scratching and seeing the true plastic color underneath. My preference is to 3D print them and make use of the investment I made in the printer...plus it's just more fun! :D Thanks again!

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
I remember smart folks were painting. Different interior part of their cars. Those caps, the tachometer common and clock hoods to match. The end plates of the dashboard. So many other things.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts