Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In late 2016, the Chevy Bolt became the first affordable long range EV (electric vehicle), beating the Tesla Model 3 to market. As of this writing, in February 2020, GM has once again moved the goal posts. You can now buy a Bolt for around $26,000, underselling every affordable EV you can buy in America and having a longer range than all of them. Is it worth it? Let’s take a look.
Bottom line: two thumbs up for GM, it EV future, and the 2020 Bolt. At $26,000, it’s going to be very hard for any car company to beat!
:)

·
Super Moderator
28,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Postscript: I think the $26K price he's quoting is for all rebates/GM offers, some of which expire early next month..... ;)

·
Registered
7,048 Posts
I don’t see many of them on the road. Good price though. Tesla, is the king here. The Price Of them doesn’t seem botherfolks here in Kansas City.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,101 Posts
Always glad to see a legacy OEM doing something with EVs. The price may be getting more reasonable for what the Bolt appears to be, a small hatch, but that decision to relegate charging infrastructure to someone else came back to bite them. And, they need to get their dealers on board (all of them) for EV sales, service, charging, etc. Without these ingredients, GM's offerings will continue to be relatively low volume compliance cars.

Northern VA is overrun with Teslas, especially Model 3s.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,101 Posts
Does the Bolt really go 300+ miles now? We have one as a fleet car at the office.
EPA rating for the 2020 is 259 which is up a bit from the prior years. Depends on how, where you drive. I'm sure in the right conditions, you could squeeze 300 + miles out of it. Some guys hypermiled a Model 3 to 606 miles in controlled conditions, but you won't see anywhere near that in normal driving.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,101 Posts
No updated Bolt for 2020...

·
Super Moderator
28,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No updated Bolt for 2020...

Along with several other cars and probably endless other products. :)

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,101 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts