Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...has begun.

I've started getting dashboard messages when I first start the ED about a regularly scheduled maintenance being due. (I'm not at/in/near the car now so I can't quote the specific message).

Given that maintenance on a 2015 451 with 23K miles (it had 19K when I bought it last year, and had major service performed then), I can't imagine this is anything really earthshaking.

My problem is that the stealership where I need to take it was one of those yanked from the smart network, and I'm not feeling very charitable toward them. I take my Benz to the dealer where I purchased it, and it's farther away, but doesn't do smart repairs.

So, do I suck it up and waste a day taking it to the stealership, or do I find someone local who can do the work, but possibly void the warranty?

·
Super Moderator
1,606 Posts
Service is so minimal on the electrics that you can easily DIY. You've got brake fluid and desiccant cartridge every two years, cabin air filter (check/change) every year and lots of inspect/check/look at things. Read them over in the maintenance manual and you will see how little there is that you can't do. You do not have to have work done at a dealership to keep the warranty in effect.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 14,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 4,000 miles

1 - 2 of 2 Posts