Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
17,350 Posts
It's actually called the "parrot". You can control it via iPhone or iPod Touch. They had one on Top Gear UK a few days ago. Jeremy flew it into the lights and the studio went dark.

I have the episode, but beware, YouTube allowed me to post it in full length :D

Start at 17 min if you want to see the awesome gift ideas and the Parrot:

Don't ask why I was able to upload more than 15 min, but don't flag it! :)

·
17,350 Posts
Bump...

I got one today. The purchase price was a little bitter ($316.79 out of the door based on the Wisconsin State Sales Tax) to the wallet.

Of course, my Realist friends tell me I wasted my cash. In the sense that it isn't as useful as say, $316 towards a smart, yes, it was a waste. However, if you want any kind of good RC anything $300 is your ballpark so I wasn't really ripped off either.

In the end I'm still hurting after that purchase price but once it's running about that opinion might change.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Bump...

I got one today. The purchase price was a little bitter ($316.79 out of the door based on the Wisconsin State Sales Tax) to the wallet.

Of course, my Realist friends tell me I wasted my cash. In the sense that it isn't as useful as say, $316 towards a smart, yes, it was a waste. However, if you want any kind of good RC anything $300 is your ballpark so I wasn't really ripped off either.

In the end I'm still hurting after that purchase price but once it's running about that opinion might change.
Yes you wasted the money. That is 1-2 months car payment. or 1/3 the way to a decent down payment

Oh the shame

·
17,350 Posts
1/3 a good down payment? Is getting a smart easier than I think?

Meh, I get it back plus $300 more in a week and a half. I'm not backing down on my resolution, I just want to have a little fun in between.

And so far the thing is $250 cooler than all of the other cheapo Radioshack cars and boats I have lying around here.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Very sad....

1/3 a good down payment? Is getting a smart easier than I think?

Meh, I get it back plus $300 more in a week and a half. I'm not backing down on my resolution, I just want to have a little fun in between.

And so far the thing is $250 cooler than all of the other cheapo Radioshack cars and boats I have lying around here.
Bump...

You guys paid how much.....lol....You can buy one on Ebay right now for 15.99 buy it now price....plus shipping...under RC helicopters... That is funny.... a fool and his money are soon parted...isn't that how it goes ! I got a bridge that's for sale anyone interested ???? :p

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Bump...

Would coulda been a smart payment or more of a down payment. :(

·
Super Moderator
11,219 Posts
Come on now....A guy has to have a little fun once and awhile. It's not like he sent the whole pile of cash or anything! Neon, you know what you want, go for it!! P.S. we better see it at the Midwest Rally in June....

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Come on now....A guy has to have a little fun once and awhile. It's not like he sent the whole pile of cash or anything! Neon, you know what you want, go for it!! P.S. we better see it at the Midwest Rally in June....
He probably would have been able to get that loan earlier if he'd only put down another $319 cash. :p

·
17,350 Posts
Yes...mom would have to drive across a few states to rescue me from certain doom! :D

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
You guys paid how much.....lol....You can buy one on Ebay right now for 15.99 buy it now price....plus shipping...under RC helicopters... That is funny.... a fool and his money are soon parted...isn't that how it goes ! I got a bridge that's for sale anyone interested ???? :p
You must have been looking at replacement parts, $240 is the cheapest new one, and $175 for a "lightly used" one. So, I don't think your comment is accurate, looks like you are the FOOL for spouting misinformation ! :p

I was amazed at all of the "upgrades" available....It's like owning a A smart or a Mini ! Extended range, different colors, carrying bags, LED lights........

1 - 20 of 29 Posts