Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At least three of our members here, have owned one of these.

Long ago,and far away, I was in a barn out in Rockford, Michigan, talking to a farmer and looked up to spot a Bensen in the rafters. I bought it on the spot ,cheap, and hauled it home atop our Subaru.

Wife, although a bit taken back when I came in the driveway, said she would fly it if I went first. :D

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
At least three of our members here, have owned one of these.

Long ago,and far away, I was in a barn out in Rockford, Michigan, talking to a farmer and looked up to spot a Bensen in the rafters. I bought it on the spot ,cheap, and hauled it home atop our Subaru.

Wife, although a bit taken back when I came in the driveway, said she would fly it if I went first. :D
Back in the day, I had a buddy that had one of those and he always said it was like a flying motorcycle....................well when I finally gave in and took it for a spin (after his instruction) HE WAS RIGHT !!!! What a blast ....... I get a :D thinking about it even now :p

Thanks for the memories jack :)

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Found one for sale $6500 (including trailer)
And, I bet a smart could tow it?
bird only weighs 250lbs
Don't know how much the trailer weighs?
Bensen B-8M GyroCopter

Reminds me of "Little Nellie" gyrocopter from the James Bond film?

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Flying Motorcycle?

Back in the day, I had a buddy that had one of those and he always said it was like a flying motorcycle....................well when I finally gave in and took it for a spin (after his instruction) HE WAS RIGHT !!!! What a blast ....... I get a :D thinking about it even now :p

Thanks for the memories jack :)

Burtterfly LLC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts