Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Want to buy a scanner for my 451 something without a high cost, but that I can read and delete codes without a problem

What could u recommend me

Thank you so much

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Bluedriver. It is an OBDII code reader and monitoring system that connects to your smart phone via bluetooth. You can get them on Amazon for $99. I have one, and love it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Better than iCarsoft's i980 scanner ?
I have the iCarsoft MB v2.0 (not to be confused with the MB II) and have been pretty pleased with it. I bought the iCarsoft MB V2.0 because at the time the car was an experiment and of unknown future utility so I wanted to get results with as small of an outlay of cash as I could. I had tried a number of simpler OBDII scanners, but the support for CANbus wasn't good enough and another person I knew had the iCarsoft and liked it, so I went with what I knew would work.

I suspect a number of other scanners in the same general price range would be as good. My only regret is not doing what I initially considered and doubling down to get a better (and more expensive) bi-directional scanner that would work as well on other cars.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the iCarsoft MB v2.0 (not to be confused with the MB II) and have been pretty pleased with it.
Well, I have the MB II. When I was trying to decide which one to get, I couldn't figure out the difference between the two. It was very helpful in dealing with the transmission/transmission controller woes that my (wife's) smart had.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought a maxiscan ms309, it is cheap but very good, and has repaid me many times on my 451 Cdi, as it reads fault codes, and can reset engine management light, very useful for detecting whats causing limp mode (the bane of the 451, grrh!). Only slight downside is because its cheap, it gives you the fault code numbers but you have to go onto the internet and search to get the English description of the fault. easy enough to do. I got mine for £12 on UK ebay, but I see USA ebay have them at around $20. Example....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a maxiscan ms309, it is cheap but very good, and has repaid me many times on my 451 Cdi, as it reads fault codes, and can reset engine management light, very useful for detecting whats causing limp mode (the bane of the 451, grrh!). Only slight downside is because its cheap, it gives you the fault code numbers but you have to go onto the internet and search to get the English description of the fault. easy enough to do. I got mine for £12 on UK ebay, but I see USA ebay have them at around $20. Example....
Wow hehe this one looks cheap!!! but is working hehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts