Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Last two comments I got:

While getting into my car across from the DMV. This older gentleman pulled up in his Older full size pick up with shell on the back. He stoped right in the middle of the road, ignoring traffic. Smack dab in front of the DMV. LOL
Motioning for me to roll down my window. First words were "Where did you get that", I answered, "What is it?", I answered, "That thing is great", I said thanks.

Another comment from well lets say not so nice daughter-in-law . Oh a baby carage!

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
Today while driving with the top down a family that appeared to just come from a kids soccer game or something shouted at me in the parking lot "Nice car!". I looked over and then the dad asked how many midgets could fit in it LOL.....

All of them....

My favorite so far was the teenager that saw me just as I was getting home, and yelled " Thats bad asss!" He was driving a decked out Toyota 4WD pickup and probably had the cost of my car in just the rims and tires of his truck.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The oddest comment I've gotten is "Whose is that red roller skate?"

Of course, there's the "Where's the other half?" My usual response to that one is "The air pump wasn't packaged in the same box the car came in and I'm waiting for it to be delivered." :D

·
Registered
910 Posts
My favorite so far. . .

My favorite so far is the comment I got while filling my 2 1/2 gallon gas can for my mower:

"What is that, about a years supply?" :p

Meaning for the smart, of course.

Second favorite was the elderly gent who watched me get out one day - me, 6' tall, 290 pounds - "That would make a good advertisement for that car - big guy, like you, getting out of it~!" :D

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
When I had arrived home and parked my car, a lady driving a Honda Civic slow went by. When I stepped out of my car, her eyes went wide. I am six foot tall and weight 330 pounds. :)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
My friend Carrie from church.
Hey Eric you should get you a fedora and a trench-coat, then stick a propeller on the top of your car and then you can be inspector gadget.

My response.
Laugh with her, and then tell her "That sounds like a You-Tube idea to me.

one of these days i will do it for laughs. I had many more, i could write a joke book on some of these Smart car pokes with funny gag illustrations to boot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I told someone yesterday "We left it in the dryer too long!" (And then they started asking a bunch of questions..."Is that a Smart car?" etc.) Funny how the word has gotten around. I agree with whoever said I need to give myself more time to get somewhere...EVERYone has to ask about it! :D

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Inspector Gadget Music?

My friend Carrie from church.
Hey Eric you should get you a fedora and a trench-coat, then stick a propeller on the top of your car and then you can be inspector gadget.

My response.
Laugh with her, and then tell her "That sounds like a You-Tube idea to me.

one of these days i will do it for laughs. I had many more, i could write a joke book on some of these Smart car pokes with funny gag illustrations to boot.
When you do, have Inspector Gadget music playing in the background. :D
:cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Unspoken compliment

Probably the most sincere compliment I received so far occurred while I was stopped at a traffic light. A man was getting out of his work truck (a pick-up) and took a long look at my car. He then caught my eye and started making hand gestures as if to say "How about we trade even?". No words were spoken. I politely waved him off, declining with a smile - but I think behind his casual, perhaps half joking offer was a real admiration of the SmartForTwo concept.

Chris

1 - 20 of 36 Posts