1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

PRESS RELEASE:
BRABUS ULTIMATE 112 Based on the smart fortwo
The Ultimate City Sports Car

The exterior is custom-painted a flaming mother-of-pearl/orange color, the interior is upholstered in black BRABUS leather and Alcantara with orange seams, and it has lots of power under the hood: BRABUS presents the limited-edition special model BRABUS ULTIMATE 112 at the Frankfurt International Auto Show IAA 2007. The ULTIMATE 112 is based on the smart fortwo and is a true city sports car. And as such it represents a unique combination of extravagant equipment, sporty performance and agile handling.

In addition to the custom paint the BRABUS ULTIMATE 112 sets itself further apart with a muscular body kit that includes a front spoiler, rocker panels and BRABUS WIDESTAR fender flares front and back.

The large wheel houses offer ample space for a tire/wheel combination that is highly unusual for a car of this size: The glossy black BRABUS Monoblock VI double-spoke wheels are mounted on the front axle in size 7Jx18 with size 205/35 R 18 high-performance tires. In the rear 8.5Jx18 wheels with size 235/30 R 18 tires provide plenty of grip to transfer the power of the engine to the road.

Specially calibrated to these ultra-low-profile tires and the wider track is the height-adjustable BRABUS coil-over suspension that combines direct, safe and sporty handling with great ride comfort.

With these modifications the ULTIMATE 112 offers the perfect platform for the powerful BRABUS three-cylinder turbo engine. As the exclusive special model's name reveals, the engine produces 112 PS (110 hp) / 82.4* kW at 5,750 rpm. Even more important for everyday driving is the for this vehicle class exceptional peak torque of 150 Nm (111 lb-ft), available over a wide rev range from 2,800 to 4,200 rpm.

Shifting in the BRABUS ULTIMATE 112 is done either automatically or with steering-wheel paddles just like in Formula 1 racing. The paddles are mounted to an ergonomically shaped BRABUS sport steering wheel.

With sprint times from 0

·
Registered
465 Posts
That is some kinda ugly.

I edited this post last night, but it apparently didn't work. I DO think the Brabus is nice looking, but way too pricey. The link in the post above this one has a car that's WAY over the top...looks like a squished up Mustang front end put on it among other things. Ugly.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Engineering wise it is a good example of the fact that you can send a pig to the moon if you spend enough money. This vehicle was engineered for economy and safety but spend enough on mods and even it can be a screaming rocketship.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I had to LOL when it came out of the garage. It's like a Mustang Mutation....what happens when you don't get enuff protein. LMAO I luv the side exhaust pipes as if the engine is in the front. Prolly kick-ass to drive though.

·
Registered
465 Posts
How could people obviously talented enough to create and manufacture this abortion, be so lacking in good sense and style?

Just say "No". :D

I took a trip tho their website. Swedish company with a great looking shop, and plenty of pictures with the required babes standing next the cars. They also market kits for a Knightrider conversion too. I might get back on there to see what the Elinor conversion for the Smart costs...just for curiosity. Just more Europeans corrupted by American television.

·
Registered
721 Posts
My take on it? THIS is a collector's item...

It'd be worth what it costs within 10 years and it's value would increase from there on.

:rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts