Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I just watched The Car Show on SPEED channel. They did a segment called 0-60 and they were talking about 3 cylinders. One of them mentioned the smart and I remember them saying "it's dangerous, it's slow, it's dangerously slow." I would get a link, but it's troublesome when I'm on my iPhone. What are your thoughts? Did you see the segment?

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
So they slammed it on 8/24 - and said it had dangerous acceleration then said the same thing tonight - 8/31. Hmmmm. I'll have to check it out. 2 weeks in a row. Sad :(

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Ok, just watched it. Same dirtbag yapping about how the smart was slow etc. He also mentioned last week how he had a Raptor (and again this week). Won't comment on it, cool truck but a very closed minded owner. Think of every overweight/slightly overweight bald dudes with one of those chin beards you've ever encountered. Everyone around here that looks like that has the same attitude and is pretty much...uh what's the word...OH! fpage said it before, a douche.

Sadly this guy sums it up for a huge part of American men. :( Close minded who can't open up their mind for something smaller/more efficient (he's sad he's already got his own small stuff so he wants EVERYTHING else big).

Oh boy, still watching this episode and they got some congressman (John Campbell) with his personal car......a '63 Split Window Corvette. A car that is very very dear to me, maybe even more than a smart. I won't say more about his POV on things since we don't want to get political. :(

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
What would you expect from the speed channel? That is all they are interested in at any cost. If it doesn't accelerate like a Hayabusa tricked smart, THEY AIN'T INTERESTED!
So, as said before, consider the source. He's a dumb ice!
I sure am glad to know that fast cars make them safer! Just like the faster an automatic weapon can spew lead, the safer it is! :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
What would you expect from the speed channel? That is all they are interested in at any cost. If it doesn't accelerate like a Hayabusa tricked smart, THEY AIN'T INTERESTED!
So, as said before, consider the source. He's a dumb ice!
I sure am glad to know that fast cars make them safer! Just like the faster an automatic weapon can spew lead, the safer it is! :D
The name says it all...

(and the off-the-shelf smart is no rocket)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Sadly this guy sums it up for a huge part of American men. :( Close minded who can't open up their mind for something smaller/more efficient (he's sad he's already got his own small stuff so he wants EVERYTHING else big).
Someone should point out to him how much bigger his "junk" would look in a smart in comparison to how small it looks in his Raptor.

Selling point?

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
just not something I need.

The weapon is SAFE... the owner on the other hand may not be!

:rofl2:
The weapon is safe if it is:
A. Locked in a safe.
B. Not loaded.
C. Out of reach of children
D. Not dropped while loaded.
E. Not taken away from and used against its' owner
F. Not equipped with a hair trigger.
No need for automatic weapons to keep food on my table, but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I've driven circles around supposedly faster cars many times without consequences, of course they were unoccupied at the time.:makingfun:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Speed TV is so bad it reeks. Really, pot bellied bubbas yapping about boring crap like NASCAR or how little cars remind them that they're impotent......The only good thing on it is F-1 and that's not even very good compared to the ITV version we get on TSN in Canada. Oh and Le Mans, once a year. A+ for that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts