Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
OTD2 lifetime Member
291 Posts
There is no excuse for 18 wheelers getting on that section of US129 from the TN side, GPS, dispatch, or not... there are signs for miles before getting to the base of the dragon and plenty of places to turn around.

Now this is coming from the TN side..... from the NC side I can "sort of" understand since there are no official signs.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
I agree that trucks should not be on it since it would make it even more dangerous for cars and especially for motorcycles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone know if there is still a Smart get together at the Dragon on August 22-24 2012? I would really like to plan to go if there is.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Does anyone know if there is still a Smart get together at the Dragon on August 22-24 2012? I would really like to plan to go if there is.
There were about 40 of us last year. Hope you will make it. I am planning on it unless Jury duty keeps me from it. It is definitely worth the trip to hang with a bunch of modding smart owners. And there will be some real gearheads in the mix and some real characters too. Whaaat? after all we are smart owners. What did you expect? :D

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
There were about 40 of us last year. Hope you will make it. I am planning on it unless Jury duty keeps me from it. It is definitely worth the trip to hang with a bunch of modding smart owners. And there will be some real gearheads in the mix and some real characters too. Whaaat? after all we are smart owners. What did you expect? :D
I think that there are some normal people, most are real characters ! :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds great !!! I am so looking forward to it. I can only make it on Saturday though, then my fiance' and me are off to Pigeon Forge. I want a T-Shirt really bad !! I guess I will start booking stuff and nailing down my plans. The last time I went to the gap, it was in a truck, then my sweety went on his bike, glad I didnt go after I saw the pictures !! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Sounds great !!! I am so looking forward to it. I can only make it on Saturday though, then my fiance' and me are off to Pigeon Forge. I want a T-Shirt really bad !! I guess I will start booking stuff and nailing down my plans. The last time I went to the gap, it was in a truck, then my sweety went on his bike, glad I didnt go after I saw the pictures !! :eek:
Speaking of T Shirts.........Are we going to have an official shirt this year ??

·
OTD2 lifetime Member
291 Posts
Speaking of T Shirts.........Are we going to have an official shirt this year ??
Yes we are, and it is really sweet. (gah I can't believe I just said that):rolleyes: If you go to the OTD Registration thread it is in there with pictures and everything. Or well I guess I can post them here as well. :D

Shirt by monalis77, on Flickr

Shirt Colors by monalis77, on Flickr

21 - 36 of 36 Posts