Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
I am sure this was a exciting day for the center.
It will be interesting to watch over the next year the stories on these.
I hope some of them post here to keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
She reads like a great customer/client. Please make certain to follow up with her about how she likes her smart ED in a month or so. Follow up is crucial with continuing service and technical education.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Yes, the ED versions only come with white panels, green tridion (wrap) and green powder coated wheels.
But, once you take delivery, you have the all the normal smart options (Wraps, panel swaps, customization, etc.)

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Yes, the ED versions only come with white panels, green tridion (wrap) and green powder coated wheels.
But, once you take delivery, you have the all the normal smart options (Wraps, panel swaps, customization, etc.)
Yes, but at the end of your $40k+ LEASE you still have to give it back :eek: :mad:

·
Super Moderator
29,391 Posts
I'm guessing the person who leased this one knows that full well. Not a car for everyone but then neither is the gas powered fortwo.... :)

·
Super Moderator
29,391 Posts
Here's some of the Soundboard write up from Rick Bourgoise :

This is a groundbreaking day for smart USA as I traveled with Roger Penske and Jill Lajdziak to Virginia where they personally made the first retail delivery of the new smart fortwo electric drive in the United States. We spent the afternoon at the home of Mindy Kimball, a 36-year-old Major in the United States Army and a passionate advocate of electric drive technology.

In making the decision to lease her smart fortwo electric drive, Mindy explained to us that she thoroughly evaluated the many electric vehicles in the marketplace and ultimately made her decision because she believes smart’s offering is the most modern electric car on the market today.

We are so excited to have Mindy as part of the smart electric drive family and look forward to celebrating with other owners as we deliver their electric drive vehicles in the days and weeks to come.
:)

smart USA soundboard: talk

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Of note to those who are not familiar with the region: the trip from Silver Spring Md. (the car's "home") to downtown Washington, DC, or the DOD at the Pentagon, is only parkways or regular city streets. No Interstate or Beltway involved, where a speed of "only" 62mph could be risky... So, for someone doing that daily, it can make sense. :)

643 Posts
Of note to those who are not familiar with the region: the trip from Silver Spring Md. (the car's "home") to downtown Washington, DC, or the DOD at the Pentagon, is only parkways or regular city streets. No Interstate or Beltway involved, where a speed of "only" 62mph could be risky... So, for someone doing that daily, it can make sense. :)
And the 62mph is not using "peak" power. Stomping it for short bursts at peak power I've hit 66 mph on flat ground.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I hope she joins the Forum. I drove one of these cool little EV cars and even have video proof of such. I bet she gets more questions on her Smart than we do on ours. Heck if i ever see her in that area, id be inclined to ask questions.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
The first electric Smart to be delivered to the US and to be at the Washington Auto show? I am going there next week. I will be sure to drop be the Smart display and snap photos. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts