Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever been tooling along in your smart most likely at night and likely in bad weather of some kind, and just felt that utter glow of satisfaction, and security that goes with riding in a car you love and in being confident in it's ability to get you home through whatever the road holds in store? That big inside and small outside feeling of confidence?
If you have you'll know what I'm talking about. If you haven't you'll wonder about why this was posted.:wink:

·
17,349 Posts
The storm chaser in me endorses this post.
The wannabe storm chaser in me also agrees. :D

I got that feeling during a strong storm last summer. Hopped into the car, started it right up, and pushed through the weather to get home...safely.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I feel this way about my Wrangler...smart, not so much.

Not that I don't feel safe or love the smart, but there is something about having literal aftermarket armor surrounding your vehicle, coupled with a proven iron block inline 6 that's has been around for 40 years mated to a transmission that just will not break and 4wd to round it off.

Also, the spare helps.

·
Banned
682 Posts
Have you ever been tooling along in your smart most likely at night and likely in bad weather of some kind, and just felt that utter glow of satisfaction, and security that goes with riding in a car you love and in being confident in it's ability to get you home through whatever the road holds in store? That big inside and small outside feeling of confidence?
If you have you'll know what I'm talking about. If you haven't you'll wonder about why this was posted.:wink:
A Smart Car in a pounding Houston thunderstorm...not a bright idea...best to pull over until the worst of the storm passes...gusty winds and excessive water on the roadway results in a very unstable Smart Car!

In extremely poor weather...I only truly feel safe in a long wheelbase 4matic road warrior! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts