Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! I don't think I have ever seen a smart done up this much that didn't involve turning it into a monster truck or limo. Wow! :eek:

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
Why?............

Sorry. I know there's a lot of money sunk into that car. But, that's just really REALLY dumb!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Haha Why? Cuz it's just cool and unique, everyone has their taste and opinion.

I thikn it's cool! That's a lot of work that went into it! haha I wish I can hear it in person. Mobile club sound system!

Larry

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think it's possible at all that the motor in that car could be turning the high output alternators if they could fit them in the engine compartment and actually be able to drive the car with the weight of everything in there and the horsepower draw from the alternators.

Actually, re-watching the video, when the subs were hitting, the back door was closed.

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
Haha Why? Cuz it's just cool and unique, everyone has their taste and opinion.
Larry
How about because it will make you DEAF, permanent hearing loss in a relatively short period of time. Hearing loss is cumulative. You don't find the artists who create the "music" sitting 12" from stage monitors, do you?

I fail to understand why people who claim to be music fans want to deprive themselves from hearing music by the time they're forty years old.

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
Drag racing won't kill you unless you're in a wreck. This WILL destroy your sense of hearing.

Or were you talking about the noise of drag racing? You know, those guys protect their ears.

Oh, and in my last post, I should've said by the time they're thirty, not forty.

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
Well, it's their ears. So, I guess it's their business if they want to destroy them. I still say it's really REALLY dumb. Lots of folks my age did it with too loud rock music ... same result ... maybe not as quick though.

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
I don't think Neon:

1. Has a 450.

2. Has the money to buy a smart.

3. Has the money to throw this insanity at it.

but I digress...:p:rolleyes::D
I had a decent system in my 78 F-150, crap brown with a blue door. Really nice.2 12" subs with an 800 watt amp, nice tweaters and mids. Stuff like just, you know, magically appears in a car like that. You know, just happens.

Whistles...

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I had the resources, after my body kit, I would like to have some new speakers and tweeters myself and maybe a stealth box sub too.

A man can dream...

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
@111: Unless you get the wrong impression of me & my smart. I've already got an upgraded sound system. Google "JBL 660 GTi" & "JL HD 600/4". They're capable of putting out (literally) deafening volume levels ... although minus the exaggerated bass, which doesn't sound good at all with my music. I just choose to not deafen myself with it.

I'm more into fidelity than I am volume. You can have both. But, if you overdo the volume, you will lose the fidelity forever. And that's a long time.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a serious competition sound system. I never got the wrong impression of you. I'm probably a fool too because before my exhaust, I could be heard coming down the street with my music and still can be heard from my exhaust and my music. My mother is going deaf because she used to work at the gym and wear headphones all day with the music at the highest level. I'm an audiophile. I love the sub woofers. It's very nostalgic, IMHO.

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
My bad. I got the model numbers wrong in post #15. I edited the post to correct it. I swapped the numerical parts of 600 & 660 originally.

------

Wow, I just Googled JBL GTi 660, and much to my surprise, the forth hit on Google points to my SCOA post regarding installation, LOL. Subject to change, of course.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts