Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Eco empathy...I love the sound of it!

I can see it in NASCAR...a smart car team with one large city car and a couple of regular city cars behind, saving their fuel so they have no pit stops for fuel, slingshotting out and around on the last few laps winning Daytona. :D

·
17,345 Posts
I wonder if that thing is real or just CGI? Either way, bloody awesome! :D

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Our chains are being yanked....big time. But then...I'm OK with that. Just let me see the darn thing!

The big city car reminds me of the original "Italian Job" when Michael Kaine said "I just wanted you to blow the bloody doors off!" (The explosive guy blew the entire car to smithereens.) Overkill is not a big enough word for the big city car. Neon's post reminded me of that.

I loved the part where the lady couldn't answer his question.

·
17,345 Posts
My analysis: It's real AND fake.

In the driving shots, you can see that the monster creation has real tyres, the 451's mirrors, what appears to be the 451's interior, and if you peer through the grille openings, pretty much dead space underneath. I wouldn't be surprised if it were a really hacked up 451. And the thing moves much more naturally than any CGI I've seen. :)

But, the indoor shots? I think those are definitely CGI.

EDIT: HA! I bet it is just a colossal 451!

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That above photo of the large smart is strange. Look at the window pillar divider. It way too far close to towards the A pillar. It almost centered in the door.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts