Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Ah, just like the one I have here in Arkansas. Only I cannot pick it up till I have the vehicle to put it on. They will hold it for a year so I should be in good shape.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
I just occurred to me today that I may already have the plates for my new Smart sitting in the garage. They were on my '66 Sunbeam Tiger and were a reference to Don Adam's show where he drove a Tiger in many of the opening scenes.

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
In the video, Agent Smart's Sunbeam is an "Alpine" (a bit of a girly-car in its time) vice a "Tiger" (not a girly-car!); the slanted tail fins give it away.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Signs from beyond.

IhoBoy.

Some thing from way back has been sending you a message.

Ignore this sign at great peril... Buy the Smart car ! :eek:

A2jack.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
In the video, Agent Smart's Sunbeam is an "Alpine" (a bit of a girly-car in its time) vice a "Tiger" (not a girly-car!); the slanted tail fins give it away.
True,

That was the first gen Alpine. They eventually lost the "tail fins" just as the Tiger went into production. About 6 cars with the tail finds were rumored to have nbeen produced as Tigers (Ford V8 vs Rootes straight 4 engine), but there is a bit of controversy whether they were actual Tigers, just test mules or fakes. The red Apline, however, was eventually switched out for a Tiger in season 2 of "Get Smart". He was also seen to show up in a Karmann Ghia and an Opel GT.

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
My Car's color scheme

Here a a few pictures I snapped tonight

ASM

Nice pics, ASM! I AM envious of you, mister!! You must be on top of the world now that you have your Smart to use. Good for you!!:)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Fun personalized license plate!

Cool plate! There's a guy in Canada whose smartie plate is "MAXWEL". :)

My wife and I sometimes name our cars with the plate. Her Jeep's name is URIAH. Uriah Jeep!
My new smart will have to wait until after I get it. Like a new puppy, it can't name itself until after it arrives.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts