Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2378 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Wow Toolman! Who could guess what that creation started out life as? A three wheel somethingorother, I guess, LOL. You didn't wait around to talk with the owner/get autographs? heh

Well, that makes the photo I came in to post seem very mundane. I visited my mother yesterday. Talking about cars, she mentioned her Renault Daupine which she owned when I was in my early Teens. She and I liked it, Dad hated it ... "too small, death trap" the usual. Might've been true in this case, I dunno ... but, I thought it was a fun car.
Cool, I figured somebody would like it. I think it was a motorcycle in a previous life, myself, but who knows. Isn't it super interesting??? It's been around the block a few times, so it looks worn, just like a military aircraft would look like after years of service. I'd never seen anything like it, that's for sure.

Meanwhile - I like the car you posted too! Who knows, it probably was dangerous, but it's super cool. Hey, at least we finally got a small car with some good safety, in our cars, right??

·
Registered
441 Posts
Wow Toolman! Who could guess what that creation started out life as? A three wheel somethingorother, I guess, LOL. You didn't wait around to talk with the owner/get autographs? heh

Well, that makes the photo I came in to post seem very mundane. I visited my mother yesterday. Talking about cars, she mentioned her Renault Daupine which she owned when I was in my early Teens. She and I liked it, Dad hated it ... "too small, death trap" the usual. Might've been true in this case, I dunno ... but, I thought it was a fun car.

My father had one just like that when I was little..
I called it 'the beep' because of the sound the horn made...

When I got my smart.. I named it "Beep II" in honor of the Dauphine..
Both made in France. .both rear engine rear wheel drive.. and both had no clutch :)

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
.. and both had no clutch :)
By 'no clutch', I assume you meant no peddle. Now, that I was unaware of ... I just assumed it had an automatic transmission, since it was my mother's car. Was it an automated manual, like the smart's? I never drove my mother's Dauphine, I was too young.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
...well...well...well...I managed to scape the asylum for a few hours to relocate to the Fl padded room and come here to see that cousin Mullet privacy has been violated...not to mention the worst picture of Granny showing the road to perdition...

...and the turbo brief was the whipped cream on this violation...

jetfuel...brief turbo action............ask my bride...

·
Banned
936 Posts
By 'no clutch', I assume you mean't no peddle. Now, that I was unaware of ... I just assumed it had an automatic transmission, since it was my mother's car. Was it an automated manual, like the smart's? I never drove my mother's Dauphine, I was too young.
I remember an old Dodge pickup my Dad had. I think it was a 1950. anyway, it had what he called "Fluid Drive". it was an automatic with a clutch pedal. you had to press in the clutch to put it in "Drive" and then off you went. stopping, starting.....all good as I remember. just had to use the clutch when you started the truck and first got going. probably had to do the same for reverse, but the reverse on his truck didn't work, so I never knew if you did or not......:p

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
...not funny 48...I used to roll that way when I was young...but as I got older the pounding on the knees was something I couldn't take...

jetfuel...ankles are next....

21 - 40 of 2378 Posts